Impact Bumpers
PeterK

Clip nuts 99950740140

Long shot, but ....

I have lost the 2 well nut clips, part # 99950740140.  These fit into the inner wing to receive the self-tappers securing the bottom edge of the front fuse panel.

Anyone have a couple they don't need please ?
Peter

Have you got picture?

Sadly no.

I can only find them on one Porsche parts list - they're plastic top hat / well nuts, for want of a better description.  They fit into a 10mm diameter hole and the self tapping screws that secure the lower edge of the fuse panel plate screw into them.  Without them the self tappers are not gripping 🙂

Peter

I see. I don't have any. There seem to be similar with of thing on line. They seem to be a bit like rivnuts but in rubber or plastic? Are they available from Porsche?

From my friend Google, and other than showing on a 928 site (I’ve emailed them), they’re NLA & not on the parts drawings of the usual Indy sites.

I’ve got some rubber well nuts from my motor biking life but the shortest available are 15mm deep (have only 10mm clearance behind). May try turning some nylon / plastic in the lathe.

Maybe what I need is someone who gets a 3D printer from Santa (& someone who’s good with CAD) 😂

4 hours ago, PeterK said:

Maybe what I need is someone who gets a 3D printer from Santa (& someone who’s good with CAD) 😂

Mmmm.... rubbing chin thoughtfully .....emoji

Not sure, but got to be worth a shot.  Great search term as well - looked at a number of similar items, but your option seems most likely to succeed.

Thanks Roy

Peter

8 minutes ago, fat fuchs said:

I think I have some. Will take a look.

Cheers

A

Almost. 1 number missing from the part number you quoted unless that was a typo?

IMG_1415.thumb.JPG.832cb9dfc646b3968440295b7dd12df3.JPGIMG_1416.thumb.JPG.fca462aa0fec804438660de5c4b3068a.JPG

Thanks Andrew.

Not sure they're not the correct ones, but (like the bay ones Roy linked to above) they may well fit and do the job.

1 hour ago, PeterK said:

Great search term as well 

Try 'fangled nut' as well (really!)

Well I never !

Things you learn here [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99950704040 are for holding number plates onto PU's

On 12/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, Roy M said:

Would these work? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401343482826

They are a little big but rounding off the corners to allow fitment will probably make them more secure.

Arrived today.  Fitted perfectly, without the need for any trimming.

Roy, you are a star, Sir !

Peter

Edited by PeterK

My wife often uses four letter words to describe me but don't recall  "star" being one of them!

Glad it worked!