Blue Printing Shift Lever

fat fuchs

With low expectation, I decided to try the 'Shift lever blue printing' process as featured on the Seine Systems web site. Essentially, this involves stripping down the shift lever housing, a couple of Mig weld tacks and the removal of some material from the lever itself. The improvement it has made to the shifting on my car far exceeds those gained from shift coupler bushing replacements and I'm actually, really surprised and impressed.

It's not a solution for crunching shifts or a knackered 915 box but if you simply feel 'obstructions' when shifting 1-2 & 3-4 this is worth a try IMO. Just to be clear, I have no Seine Gate Shifter fitted.

http://seinesystems.com/ShiftHousBluPrint.htm

Cheers

FF

That's very interesting. Even though I have recently replaced all my bushes I still get resistance changing from 1 to 2 under fast acceleration. Something to look at when the weather is better :smiley-good-post-sign: I look forward to other people's results.

30 minutes ago, Phill said:

That's very interesting. Even though I have recently replaced all my bushes I still get resistance changing from 1 to 2 under fast acceleration. Something to look at when the weather is better :smiley-good-post-sign: I look forward to other people's results.

When I removed my shift lever assembly before starting work on it, I could feel the resistance caused by the the fit of the lever within the fork, I assume this will vary from shifter to shifter but well worth a try Phill.

Cheers

A