New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

carrpet

Front bellows / spoiler - where does the "desk pad" go

I am in the process of rebuilding the spoiler / bumper / valance /bellows on the front of my 930, and am replacing all of the brackets / metalwork etc which are used for attaching the spoiler and bellows.

There is a part on the PET catalogue referred to as a "desk pad". There is a left handed version and a right handed version part numbers 930 503 330 00 and 930 503 329 00. These parts were not installed in my car when I removed the bellows & spoiler but I would like to install them correctly as part of this project.

I have seen these parts referred to by a USA supplier as a "bellows base"

If anyone has any ideas as to what these do and how they should be installed, I would be pleased to hear your views ! Photos would be great !

I rebuilt the front end of mine last year - from memory the 'desk pad' is the rubber pad that fits on the end of the bumper struts - its is  shaped like a piece of cheese - oblong with two holes in it! I'm sure Matt at Type 911 will have them in stock.

They are a metal plate, only used on the turbo to strengthen the bellow as it sits on top of the spoiler and not on the metal panel as on a standard car, RHS is NLA

DSCN6846_fba096d8-41f3-441d-a5d9-ac376fa

9 hours ago, mascot100 said:

I rebuilt the front end of mine last year - from memory the 'desk pad' is the rubber pad that fits on the end of the bumper struts - its is  shaped like a piece of cheese - oblong with two holes in it! I'm sure Matt at Type 911 will have them in stock.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Type911 said:

They are a metal plate, only used on the turbo to strengthen the bellow as it sits on top of the spoiler and not on the metal panel as on a standard car, RHS is NLA

Thanks m8

8 hours ago, Type911 said:

Are they mounted vertically across the 2 M6 bellows protruding studs on the spoiler side ie. towards the rear of the car

Yes they are young man!

14 minutes ago, Type911 said:

Yes they are young man!

Thanks. I like the young bit !