Regreasing poly bushes.

Jonny Hart

I’ve done about 30k miles since installing Superpro bushes all round.     Now the weather is colder, the suspension is starting to get a bit creaky.  

The thought of having to dismantle the suspension to redo the grease isn’t very appealing.  

Anyone got any tips?

You can take the covers off and grease them, but you won’t get it into the rear spring plate bushes without removing them. It’s pain in the arrrr5e and super annoying. I had all of mine done and replaced my rear bushes last year.  The new ones have a lifetime guarantee, but I’d be amazed if they never need greasing again.  Means a full geo again too £££. 

They do ride well though.

^. It’s just the access.   I wondered if anyone had got a sneaky way or special tool to squirt the goo in there. 

Mainly that front that is annoying me.  I’m hoping it might just be the ARB as that is easy to get to. 

Ok, so I dropped the guard plate and regreased the front ARB bushes.  Easy job. 

I then unbolted the front TB mounts.  You can then tap the front pivot off the TB tube, clean and grease.   30 minute job on a lift. 

Im leaving the rear of the TB for now as the creaking was coming from the front when I lifted the suspension arm. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look at Elephant racing stuff - this is why they have grease nipples so you can inject grease as needed  Maybe drill. tap and add the nipples?

@Busybee. - you should add this to your maintenance list.  Look under the front and you will see the grease nipples on Daisy.  I used to pump some grease in on an annual basis.  I replaced Superpro rear Spring plate bushes with Neatrix to fix squeaking, so you don't have to worry about the rear.

43 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

Have a look at Elephant racing stuff - this is why they have grease nipples so you can inject grease as needed  Maybe drill. tap and add the nipples?

@Busybee. - you should add this to your maintenance list.  Look under the front and you will see the grease nipples on Daisy.  I used to pump some grease in on an annual basis.  I replaced Superpro rear Spring plate bushes with Neatrix to fix squeaking, so you don't have to worry about the rear.

Thanks Richard. Will do. Which grease did you use? You've just made a great car even better. She has nipples for me to play with! 😂😜

I'll break out the special Daisy Duke lube Rich. Nipples. Who doesn't love a grease nipple. I've had a few tractors in my time and they have nipples galore! Is that excessive use of the word nipple I wonder! 😂