Sold my car...

SP72

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying to buy a flat... Car fun is dead.

It was my dream car as a kid, even more than a Porsche. Really hurts me that I have to sale it but it seats in a storage and that is the worst thing for this kind of motors. It''s hardly been moving for 3 years. I just pick up the bills for it.

As a matter of interest as it’s been asked on another thread and maybe of interest to others currently selling, where/ what medium did you use to advertise the car?

On 1/18/2020 at 7:07 PM, Ian Comerford said:

I had a smoke silver 2.3 -16 for 7 years.  Great quality, balance and handling. 

Did you ever try a 2.5, Ian?  Ive read they're  not as zingy as the 2.3 but ultimately quicker, perhaps similar to SC v 3.2 argument/discussion.

1 hour ago, Beaky said:

As a matter of interest as it’s been asked on another thread and maybe of interest to others currently selling, where/ what medium did you use to advertise the car?

The power of IB - and a friendly IB’er tipping off another IB’er.

Otherwise id try usual suspects:

Car and Classic, PistonHeads, Ebay then maybe auction houses like Collecting cars, The Market etc

1 hour ago, SP72 said:

The power of IB - and a friendly IB’er tipping off another IB’er

There are some truly nice people in this world. Restores ones faith in mankind 😁 Bet whoever it was likes car parts Shirish 😜

1 hour ago, Beaky said:

What about an M635i, I've always like the shape and heard they are a good long distance cruising machine

Like the E24, had a standard 635csi before.   Just don’t know at present whether I want classic motoring or something newer.  Ie something that doesn’t need to be garaged, AV’d etc etc.

4 hours ago, Busybee said:

There are some truly nice people in this world. Restores ones faith in mankind 😁 Bet whoever it was likes car parts Shirish 😜

Some are humble as well! 🤣🤣 😉😉

1 hour ago, SP72 said:

Lovely, just lovely 😍

mid 80's to mid 90's is the sweet spot for me when to come to classics, so much choice of usable cars

On 1/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, Fred said:

IMG_20171013_1438552.jpg

IMG_20171013_1438083.jpg

That is stunning. Brings back happy memories of many miles in my 5 speed 3.8. No way would I choose any E30 or Merc 190 over the E34 M5. Another very tempting ownership option would be the M5's nemesis the E500. Both awesome in their own way.

19 minutes ago, ras62 said:

Brings back happy memories of many miles in my 5 speed 3.8. No way would I choose any E30 or Merc 190 over the E34 M5.

Never driven the E34 M5, spec was impressive on paper though but it would have to be really special to top an E30 M3 in the mountains with its dog leg box, specially the sport/evo models.

18 minutes ago, Mondrian said:

Never driven the E34 M5, spec was impressive on paper though but it would have to be really special to top an E30 M3 in the mountains with its dog leg box, specially the sport/evo models.

Mine is a 3.8 6 speed gear box (very few in the UK). E30 M3 is awesome but you are looking at 2 very different cars made for different purpose. I couldn't see myself driving an e30 after the s38b38 3.8 experience. The sound and power delivery is exhilarating! Much more presence on the road as well. 

1 hour ago, ras62 said:

That is stunning. Brings back happy memories of many miles in my 5 speed 3.8. No way would I choose any E30 or Merc 190 over the E34 M5. Another very tempting ownership option would be the M5's nemesis the E500. Both awesome in their own way.

I was looking at E500 when I bought the M5 but the automatic gear box is a no go for me. Stunning car though.