Impact Bumpers
SP72

S’funny...

The bredth of ability of the M5 was incredible. Back lanes to autobahn not a problem. The engine was sooo nice, the last 3k a real aural delight. 

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

I was looking at E500 when I bought the M5 but the automatic gear box is a no go for me. Stunning car though.

The V8 auto is a lovely everyday companion especially in urban driving. Both superb cars and I doubt we will see build quality like that even again. 

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Mine is a 3.8 6 speed gear box (very few in the UK). E30 M3 is awesome but you are looking at 2 very different cars made for different purpose. I couldn't see myself driving an e30 after the s38b38 3.8 experience. The sound and power delivery is exhilarating! Much more presence on the road as well. 

I felt sorry for you when you couldn’t finish your 911 off.  Now i know you’ve got an e34 M5, I feel less concerned and frankly, slightly cheated 😄

3 minutes ago, SP72 said:

I felt sorry for you when you couldn’t finish your 911 off.  Now i know you’ve got an e34 M5, I feel less concerned and frankly, slightly cheated 😄

😁 show us pictures of your yacht Fred! 😂

On 1/18/2020 at 7:07 PM, Ian Comerford said:

I had a smoke silver 2.3 -16 for 7 years.  Great quality, balance and handling. 

I had a black 2.3-16 for 9 years - totally unmolested, even had the original Becker radio. Wonderful car, not that fast by today's standards but a lovely power delivery, geat balance and a great noise. Unfortunately, also quite complicated - self-levelling suspension, early ABS, early black box electronics. Lots to go wrong and lots of special parts at special prices.

Overall, a brilliant car with relatively small production numbers and some proper motorsport heritage. Unfortunately, an awful lot were owned by complete idiots in the late 90s early 2000s, so very easy to buy a shed.

54 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Lol, bought the M5 with a bonus ( I am good at wasting money), I could have spend it on the 911 but as soon I as saw that car, I couldn't resist. Love at first sight. Only realised the other day that I never posted about it on here about it... Don't have much car fun these days.

Still, 911 is still a project and hopefully will come to completion in the next few years. 😃

50 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

😁 show us pictures of your yacht Fred! 😂

No allowed, and I will have to be far away from it to be able to fit in one frame!