3.2 Fuel Lines

3 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

I changed the breather hoses when I had my intake off the car, but I forgot to retrieve the restrictor from the old hose.....

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Sorted my earlier idiocy.

New restrictor supplied by my local OPC. Now performs exactly as it should.

Short of a wash and a tank of fuel I think she's ready for her appointment with Dr Wayne....

Res-2.jpg.0ed3897e6891b6b6db5b092b3c6d22f6.jpg

Res-3.jpg.afc8c066e9c4cd41287caeb45407fea4.jpg

Maybe last post in this topic.

Engine mapping session with Wayne at Chip Wizards yesterday.

So the new injectors that I have (Lucas) have more 'dead time' than the Bosch units - basically the time the injector takes to respond to ECU demand. Not at all a problem but something I wasn't aware of.

My starting point: bone-stock engine (never been apart) with a Turbo Thomas exhaust and Steve Wong off the shelf chip.

End results: peak of 248bhp & 226lbft. 

Clearly I have a healthy engine!

I've only driven it back from Wayne's which was all motorway, but the idle is a lot smoother. In fact engine performance seems a lot smoother all-round. Peak power not hugely different from the Steve Wong chip, which is not unexpected. I was after drivability gains and I think I have them, but more miles on varied roads and conditions required.

IMG_3830.thumb.JPG.547d3b229693910ec35e96c0f67eac73.JPG

49 minutes ago, Rustybum said:

That’s excellent Chris!!👍👍

Did he stick with the Wong chip and remap it?

Regards

Russ 

No he used a fresh chip.

Which means I have my Steve Wong chip to sell....

On 20/07/2020 at 16:38, Chris_911 said:

OK so now I have realised my mistake - I changed the breather hoses when I had my intake off the car, but I forgot to retrieve the restrictor from the old hose.....

Simple fix but an idiot mistake.

What a stupid thing to do.  Glad I don't make those kind of mistakes...:whistling:

8A239790-C8AD-4BCD-8E7E-21E271FA7ED7_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4fc9ef14ba07665927d30c6e8413d5d6.jpeg

It's only because you posted this that I checked the old lines to find the restrictor all cosy and safe but also lucky they hadn't been binned yet.  Phew!

Good save!

9 minutes ago, Fuchs915 said:

What a stupid thing to do.  Glad I don't make those kind of mistakes...:whistling:

8A239790-C8AD-4BCD-8E7E-21E271FA7ED7_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4fc9ef14ba07665927d30c6e8413d5d6.jpeg

It's only because you posted this that I checked the old lines to find the restrictor all cosy and safe but also lucky they hadn't been binned yet.  Phew!

• 1 year later...

I’ve just spent a lovely evening reading this tread from start to finish - quite a journey you went on Chris! Glad you got there in the end!!

Looks like a good bit of kit though - other than the imperial fitting to the fuel filter and the issues with the aluminium tunnel lines.

Ian C - Have you fitted your lines from Paul yet? Did you encounter the same issues?

The big question I have is whether anyone else went for the full Ian Cummings option… obviously easier for the tunnel lines but is the quality and experience with rest of that kit up the scratch?

Is there a default option that newbie’s to this should follow? Thanks

David

If I was doing it again I'd for the Len Cummings lines from the off. Good kit and he's great to deal with.

I wish I had kept more of the lines I took off - the temptation would be to create a UK option for a fuel line kit. Wasn't in my head when I did the work so I threw away lines I should have kept to use a patterns.

20 hours ago, DavidH said:

I’ve just spent a lovely evening reading this tread from start to finish - quite a journey you went on Chris! Glad you got there in the end!!

Looks like a good bit of kit though - other than the imperial fitting to the fuel filter and the issues with the aluminium tunnel lines.

Ian C - Have you fitted your lines from Paul yet? Did you encounter the same issues?

The big question I have is whether anyone else went for the full Ian Cummings option… obviously easier for the tunnel lines but is the quality and experience with rest of that kit up the scratch?

Is there a default option that newbie’s to this should follow? Thanks