Impact Bumpers
Sign in to follow this  
SurlySurdi

Quarter Panel Question

Hi everyone,

My 87 Carrera (narrow body) is having a respray done. The guy in charge called me to say the drivers side rear quarter panel is rotten on the inside and needs to be replaced. A friend of mine has a quarter panel from a 78 SC.

The question is, would this fit or do I need to - gulp - buy one?

Thanks all.

The SC rear quarter has a different (smaller) torsion tube access cover. Otherwise they're pretty much the same.

Cheers

FF

48 minutes ago, SurlySurdi said:

Hi everyone,

My 87 Carrera (narrow body) is having a respray done. The guy in charge called me to say the drivers side rear quarter panel is rotten on the inside and needs to be replaced. A friend of mine has a quarter panel from a 78 SC.

The question is, would this fit or do I need to - gulp - buy one?

Thanks all.

Just to add, I know the hole for the torsion bar is different but my body shop say they can deal with that.

Edited by SurlySurdi
spelling

26 minutes ago, fat fuchs said:

The SC rear quarter has a different (smaller) torsion tube access cover. Otherwise they're pretty much the same.

Cheers

FF

I replied to my own post before reading your answer! Great, thanks FF appreciate that. I was having a mild panic attack thinking I'd have to buy one, my friend is 'giving' me his one (for a favour I'll have to repay at some later point!)

Might want to check the arch lip profile matches.  Just in case it's slightly different for some reason, pattern part, etc.

1 hour ago, fat fuchs said:

You're good to go then.

I hope so, many thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Nige said:

Might want to check the arch lip profile matches.  Just in case it's slightly different for some reason, pattern part, etc.

Yep good point Nige, I'm seeing my friend on Saturday, thanks for the pointer.

It's been quite tiring buying so many bits that need fixing/replacing. Hopefully all's well that ends well.