Brads

Oil tank drain plug

Looking at fitting an oil drain valve to the tank, can anyone tell me the thread size of the oil tank drain plug please?

M22 X 1.5. Google is your friend.

This has been discussed on here before and no one could really see the point. Too much risk in it coming open by accident or by someone doing it deliberately.

Thanks Phil, I tried googling it but with no success. I am looking at a German made valve that can only be operated when the drain tube is connected to the valve.

I see your point though about it opening by accident, just thought that it would make oil changes that little bit easier.

Can't really see much benefit unless you're changing the oil on a weekly basis.

Oil tank is indeed M22 x 1.5

Edited by Type911

Nige

You are probably right, best spend the money on something more useful.

Yes like a lovely candle for the wife 😂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Gatherings organised via IB

Anyone attending a meet or event organised via ImpactBumpers.com does so at their own risk. ImpactBumpers.com is not responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such gatherings. Please behave responsibly.

IB & Mighty Motor Media

ImpactBumpers.com is part of Mighty Motor Media Limited: UK company 07983578. The Impact Bumpers name and all logos are ©Mighty Motor Media Ltd. We have no connection to DR. ING. H.C. F. PORSCHE AG or any of its subsidiaries.

Respect Creative Copyright

We do not endorse the sharing of copyrighted images. Individual users are responsible for all content they post. It is impossible for admin to check every upload but we will remove disputed images swiftly to support copyright holders. Contact us anytime.

More JG websites

Using The Sheriff's other websites supports the IB forum! Please share my valuation services with anyone needing assistance.