New Member - 1982 SC - Light Blue

JohnTurbo

Hi folks!

Great to find a good forum for the 'best' 911 vintages!

I've been an owner for 10 days of a light blue 1982 SC coupe.

Its got a somewhat questionable blue interior which - having looked at interior parts prices - I'm busy learning to love.

Its had engine/gearbox/suspension rebuilds as well as a respray - so condition appears to be good other than a bit of poor wiring and an intermittant fuel gauge (so far).

First picture I took of the SC attached - and the last picture of my previous car, which has gone to make financial room for the Porsche.

I also have a 'Caterfield' style kit car fort he track with a cage and a 328i engine.

Looking forward to learning about the car here!

20200124_154559.jpg

20200119_144435.jpg

Edited by JohnTurbo
typo

10 minutes ago, Phill said:

Welcome. Anything is better than a plain black interior IMO :door:

Defo, wy favourite was GeorgeK's kiln red Turbo with avocado interior.

93012.jpg

Edited by Nige

When I worked at Newcastle Poly, my office overlooked the garages of flats in Northumberland Road. Every now and then an identical car to that would emerge from one of the garages. Hard to place the exact year but between 1985 and 1993 and, given the registration it could be the same car. There was also a similar colour DB4 which parked next to the church at the same time!

11 hours ago, Roy M said:

When I worked at Newcastle Poly, my office overlooked the garages of flats in Northumberland Road. Every now and then an identical car to that would emerge from one of the garages. Hard to place the exact year but between 1985 and 1993 and, given the registration it could be the same car. There was also a similar colour DB4 which parked next to the church at the same time!

I will have to look at the receipts for where it lived at that time. It was originally bought from Bradford JCT600.

Thanks for the comments folks - as I said I'm learning to love the blue.  It could use a clean in the above photo of course! Hoping to keep it mostly original - though I do fancy some early style heat exchangers or SSIs. I don't like a too sporty exhaust note but its really very hard to tell its a 6 cyl at the moment. It sounds like its common for them to be quite modified then?

I ditched the lotus because my kitcar is more fun and wanted something to pamper and enjoy on the road (rather than the track - I do a lot of trackdays and have a Nat-B race license)

The front tyres are from 2006 too so they're on the list, and maybe the 2012 rears too.

A couple more dirty snaps attached. Its living at work (we have a garage for staff car enthusiats to use), while my new garage is being built. (another photo!)

20200203_174653.jpg

20200203_174706.jpg

20200124_165821.jpg

11 minutes ago, SP72 said:

I know dude, I love it - its the sound I’d absolutely be aiming for

You missing her already? I would be. I’d forget all that Alfa stuff SP and get yourself back in an IB 😜