Escalation is... Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Lolz Haith, I think there’s an option code for one of those. 
Please stop with the 007 links - I’m seeing enough cringeworthy stuff on the Facebook group.  Some owners need to get a life!

5 hours ago, Nige said:

Looks awesome, I can't think of a more suitable replacement to your IB, but shouldn't you now change your name to Spiv Patel?

Who you calling Spiv !? 😃

So, only the 5 sleepless nights since my last update...

Insurance sorted - used a broker (Alan & Thomas), who have sorted a very comprehensive cover via Zurich private clients, including AV on my drive, fully comp when driving other cars, AM dealer repairs and also carjacking cover (err, what??). 

The policy mandates a tracker, thankfully AM fitted one from the factory and replaced it in 2018, so just a yearly sub to pay (£215)

The 140 point check highlighted light condensation in front lights, and 1x rear cluster holding water.  The fronts cleared themselves, but the rear didn’t so that is being replaced under dealer warranty (only 995 + vat...!).  Apparently the dealer has a steady supply of rear clusters, obviously a design problem.  

I also had undertaken a chassis treatment with ACF50 - the subframes are steel and not coated well at all.  So ACF50 treated as a temporary measure, which may turn permanent dependent on how well it slows the surface rust.  I may a get a body shop to take a look at it in the future.

Collection in roughly 1hr ... 

1 hour ago, SP72 said:

So, only the 5 sleepless nights since my last update...

Insurance sorted - used a broker (Alan & Thomas), who have sorted a very comprehensive cover via Zurich private clients, including AV on my drive, fully comp when driving other cars, AM dealer repairs and also carjacking cover (err, what??). 

The policy mandates a tracker, thankfully AM fitted one from the factory and replaced it in 2018, so just a yearly sub to pay (£215)

The 140 point check highlighted light condensation in front lights, and 1x rear cluster holding water.  The fronts cleared themselves, but the rear didn’t so that is being replaced under dealer warranty (only 995 + vat...!).  Apparently the dealer has a steady supply of rear clusters, obviously a design problem.  

I also had undertaken a chassis treatment with ACF50 - the subframes are steel and not coated well at all.  So ACF50 treated as a temporary measure, which may turn permanent dependent on how well it slows the surface rust.  I may a get a body shop to take a look at it in the future.

Collection in roughly 1hr ... 

so they now spray whole chassis in ACF-50? wow that's an escalation from its original useage. Must cost a few quid too.

Well “I’m home” :) 

Handover all fine, decent coffee, tracker activated and ownership signed over. Ogled the GT12 that was also in the showroom.

As in most places today, weather is not playing ball although down here it’s mainly windy, not very rainy...

...but rainy enough apparently to make the Corsas break traction approaching any roundabout over 2k rpm !!  Its double figures in terms of ambient temps, but they gave up several times, admittedly with sport button pressed. Care needed.

Second impressions:

1) it’s short

2) it’s as compliant as the IB - on one of the NSL B roads nearby, it dealt pretty well with the broken tarmac, rust and undulations.

3) not enough engine/induction/exhaust noise. Better with Sport pressed but i fancy anyone following will hear more of it than the driver.

4) it shifts - only really pressed loud on the straights, but it does bely its 1680 or so KGs

5) its better on fuel than I thought - averaged 15, whereas the Jag does 18. 

6) and finally for now, people seem to like it ...

E8C06FED-81AB-4848-A75E-56064E9F345B.jpeg