Impact Bumpers
Chris_911

Silverstone, this week

Whilst supporting the Mission Motorsport Troops Trackday on Tuesday I was temporarily distracted by these using the Aston test track.

Familiar?

Aston-1.thumb.jpg.fc6ef6819d2b861c6d8c90e7a0055e2b.jpgAston-2.thumb.jpg.32a11a2aa4f8fe1abf62535ab582a447.jpgAston-3.thumb.jpg.32e09ec11a4f53dfbb894a49a7334d34.jpgAston-4.thumb.jpg.fb17dc1f0d2a039db6c16f5477cdce47.jpgAston-5.thumb.jpg.a7b9697a26c51c5879f8b52dbea38686.jpgAston-6.thumb.jpg.34bce162490ce4727b67326a621b1559.jpg

nice! They look like they are enjoying themselves and using them properly too  :)

4 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

Familiar?

The track or the drivers?

Track looks like it might be the Stowe circuit? Had some fun there last year :)

Is that tyre smoke from the KY19 HRO car?

Nice pics ;)

7 minutes ago, jevvy said:

The track or the drivers?

Track looks like it might be the Stowe circuit? Had some fun there last year :)

Is that tyre smoke from the KY19 HRO car?

Nice pics ;)

Actually the cars...

They are on a separate piece of track in the infield that is part of the Aston Martin centre there.

I believe there were three separate DB5s circulating. Two were on track at the same time, and a third came out later in the afternoon sounding very fruity. May have bee the driver but it seemed this car was set up for oversteer....

Yes tyre smoke from the DBS. He span it shortly after.

Edited by Chris_911

Looks like a small circuit where we used to shakedown new F1 cars

One occasion there was so much rain the chief designer had taken his brand new Porsche 993 out to try and clear the standing water 

While lapping as fast as he dared a Renault Laguna 1.8 diesel estate came out of the pits, caught him up in half a lap, over took him and left him for dead 😲 

To add insult to injury the driver also had 3 mechanics as passengers.

The Laguna driver was Fisichella 😎 

😂 love stories like that WC 

22 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

Whilst supporting the Mission Motorsport Troops Trackday on Tuesday I was temporarily distracted by these using the Aston test track.

Familiar?

They look like they are all the cars used in the next James Bond film out in April. I guess it's all part of the publicity build up, like the release of the theme song last night.

4 minutes ago, njpcarrera32 said:

They look like they are all the cars used in the next James Bond film out in April. I guess it's all part of the publicity build up, like the release of the theme song last night.

My guess too.

Earlier on they were filming one of the DB5s deploying smoke and then 'oil' (water).

Of the three Aston's which would you own?

Although the DB5 is iconic, as a teenager I remember drooling over a Blue with cream leather convertible DBS that was belonged to Fashion House owner (In Great Titchfield street) my parents purchased clothes from when they were in the rag trade, so that's the one for me.

Image result for 1970's dbs convertible

The new Bond trailer has a v8 in it. Looks cool too. 

image.thumb.png.880bd285d81e44b7aed9532a80d31e5d.png

The V8, B549 WUU, was used in 'The Living Daylights' and appeared as both a coupe and Volante (Convertible). If I remember correctly it was Victor Gauntlett's (then chairman of Aston Martin Lagonda) personal car. If I was really sad I'd go and look up the chassis number and history from the register.

Sorry, but I'm a bit of a Bond and Aston Martin nerd. I'm not sure of the cure if there is one...

The reg did look familiar! Looks like a great Bonds driving day out, all the film favourites in one place

Image result for james bond ford mondeo

Was this beauty waiting for a clear run, down to the shops !