Why raise ride height?

Got my settings back today. Based on common sense, listening to people on here, especially Richard Bernau, then adding a touch more camber because it looks cool.

I think height wise I am around 73RS spec and couldn't go lower at the front without compromising the steering. The rake is an early car thing, as others have said, SC's and 3.2's came level from Porsche.

Jellyfishshields

Clearly your beautiful car has been lifted for personal reasons by the PO, with no thought to suspension geometry. Height can be your choice, but the correct alignment will transform your car.

TWP 911R settings.JPG

On 2/20/2020 at 2:49 PM, hagarep said:

Got my settings back today. Based on common sense, listening to people on here, especially Richard Bernau, then adding a touch more camber because it looks cool.

I think height wise I am around 73RS spec and couldn't go lower at the front without compromising the steering. The rake is an early car thing, as others have said, SC's and 3.2's came level from Porsche.

Jellyfishshields

Clearly your beautiful car has been lifted for personal reasons by the PO, with no thought to suspension geometry. Height can be your choice, but the correct alignment will transform your car.

Thanks for your spec sheet, appreciate the info.

Sorry for the slow reply, planned to have this done earlier in the week, but just got round to it today.

Ended up just lowering the car, I didn't make any other adjustments.

Took some basic measurements before I started, just from ground to wing, 26 1/4" all round, except the nsr, which was 25 7/8" After adjusting I've ended up with 25 1/2" on the fronts, 25 1/4" on the rear. I only have around 3 threads to play with on the front. so I decided not to go any further.

Came up with a home made camber tool, piece of angle iron and a angle reader, according to that I have -2 or the rear and -0.7 on the front. Went out playing on some back roads in the afternoon, the back feels very planted, but I wonder if more negative on the front would give some further improvement there?

Overall, I'm very happy with it.

Some quick photos, excuse the mess, waiting for a new shed to be delivered so I can tidy up the garage.

20200223_184236.jpg

20200223_193111.jpg

14 hours ago, jellyfishfields said:

I only have around 3 threads to play with on the front. so I decided not to go any further.

The fronts are pretty easy to reset to give you more adjustment, assuming it's not all rusted together.  Support the car at the required height, remove the adjuster bolt.  Pull on the end cap and either that will come off or it will bring the torsion bar with it.  Rotate to give you more adjustment, push back in, re-install adjuster and continue. HTH.

Looks good though and sounds as though mostly how you want it from the test drive.

Edited by Fuchs915

21 hours ago, Type911 said:

Looks perfect!

6 hours ago, Fuchs915 said:

The fronts are pretty easy to reset to give you more adjustment, assuming it's not all rusted together.  Support the car at the required height, remove the adjuster bolt.  Pull on the end cap and either that will come off or it will bring the torsion bar with it.  Rotate to give you more adjustment, push back in, re-install adjuster and continue. HTH.

Looks good though and sounds as though mostly how you want it from the test drive.

Thanks for the replies, very happy with it now. Glad I took it out for a decent run yesterday, rubbish weather today.

Main reason for not doing any further adjustments was that I think I will replace the rear spring plate bushes before too long.

Did a search as to what others have fitted, seems to be a lot of positive remarks regarding Neatrix, is that still regarded as the way to go?

On 2/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, Dr Rock said:

I had Neatrix on for 10 years with no problems at all :twocents:

Sounds good, I'll likely just go for that then.

Plan to get round to it in the next month or so.

Spent some time admiring your youtube videos today, found them very thought provoking, started looking at the ferry routes to spain😊

Maybe next year⛴️