Back in an IB - Can't stay away

PorscheApostle

So a Gaurds red 3.2 Carrera that had been kept in storage for 10years turned up. Owner had kept it in great shape but needed greasy bits sorted to get it running. Has smokey start up so the usual issues will require attention. He wanted rid so I just couldn't help myself. I know a Gaurds red 3.2 Carrera is as Impact bumper 80s as you can get but it's completely original and despite my tendency to fiddle I thought I'd just restore this to factory and enjoy it for the summer. 

It has sort seats in black with pinstripes. I say Gordon Gekko! 

Anyways thought I'd share as the SC went last year and fate deemed it necessary it seems

DBS

IMG_20200221_174805.jpg

Think my favourite IB for spirited driving will always be an SC , prefer the short stroke engine and just feels more involving than a 3.2. There's no way around that but a 3.2 is just a nice vanilla 911 from the 80s and does everything well. The paint and body work on this is pretty immaculate as it's always been dry stored so I'd like to as best as possible go full anal on it 😂 and create a time warp car as it's in the right colour and spec. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 7:37 AM, Beaky said:

You've got to try it once said the Bishop to the nun..................................:ninja:

Just glad to be back in one. Gonna do a top end on it bring it back to original . I'll need to sell this in the summer to fund the partsbinporsche

37 minutes ago, PorscheApostle said:

partsbinporsche

Forgive my ignorance , but what/which is the Partsbinporsche?

Ok, just found the thread