RosePassion

Chris_911

Anybody ordered from these guys?

Just about to place an order for all the parts I need for my fuel system refresh.

Interested in whether there were any problems and the quality of the parts supplied.

I order very often from them. I've had much better experiences than with design911.

The only thing that bothers me is that they don't tell you what brand the parts are. Although if they are not Porsche they are from good brands. On occasion I've asked them via email what was the manufacturer of a particular part.

11 minutes ago, WP0ZZZ said:

I order very often from them. I've had much better experiences than with design911.

The only thing that bothers me is that they don't tell you what brand the parts are. Although if they are not Porsche they are from good brands. On occasion I've asked them via email what was the manufacturer of a particular part.

Thank you.

Yes, one of my concerns is part quality - it's not clear what you're buying.

1 hour ago, Chris_911 said:

Thank you.

Yes, one of my concerns is part quality - it's not clear what you're buying.

It's a pity that they are not more explicit because otherwise they provide an excellent service.

I have to say, though, that when parts are not original, they tend to be of the "right" manufacturer. For example, I bought new discs and pads for the 987 and they were Sebro and Textar which, as far as I know, are the manufacturers of the original equipment.

i do deal also with rose passion if not 1st with Matt -here.If you want to call them, ask for Rafael, he speaks pretty ok English .You can always specify that you would like original parts ,of course it will be more money but original..

Ivan

Slightly off topic, but connected to another threat (E10 fuel), what isany, do RosePassion offer their classic car owners in terms of fuel line upgrades?

33 minutes ago, Beaky said:

Slightly off topic, but connected to another threat (E10 fuel), what isany, do RosePassion offer their classic car owners in terms of fuel line upgrades?

Confess I don't know. I've got a set of Teflon lines from the US via a guy on Pelican.

These should outlast my car...

38 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

Confess I don't know. I've got a set of Teflon lines from the US via a guy on Pelican.

These should outlast my car...

I remember your thread of these, have you had a chance to fit them yet, any feedback on quality, ease of fitment etc?

2 minutes ago, Beaky said:

I remember your thread of these, have you had a chance to fit them yet, any feedback on quality, ease of fitment etc?

Haven't started. Planning to very soon though. Will update my thread as I go ;) 

14 hours ago, proporsche said:

which blower relay are you looking for?

rear blower?

I have some..

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Porsche part number is 91161815300. They are generally unavailable. Mine failed last week whilst having it's annual check over and MOT, but was temporarily recovered by a bit of gentle persuasion. However another 3.2 in the garage at the same time couldn't be persuaded back into life. Garage was trying to find someone who could repair the relay, but I'm not convinced of the likely life of a repaired relay.

21 hours ago, proporsche said:

yes i do have it...what year is your 3,2 so i can match (possibly ) the date ....stamped on it...just a question -in England you have to have this working for MOT???????????

strange..

No it's not a requirement for the MOT, the failure just happened on the day. The garage range me up to ask if I'd ever had a problem with the blower running continuously, I said no, and then they started the problem solving to find the root cause, and it was the relay. Complete coincidence that they had another 3.2 in at the same time with exactly the same fault.

My guess is that we're hitting the end life of the relay.  

• 1 year later...