Fuel Pressure Regulator

There are many companies out there listing them, they wont have them, they wont be able to get them, the one in that link admits to no stock (Bosch 0280160215)

4 minutes ago, Type911 said:

There are many companies out there listing them, they wont have them, they wont be able to get them, the one in that link admits to no stock (Bosch 0280160215)

Yes, obviously now any old stock very scarce -  posted link just to make the point that this same Bosch part originally found its way into a number of different vehicles during the period.  I'd be very surprised if the items in Nige's original Volvo link were not Bosch original spec items - vendor probably just not switched onto the fact that residual 11 showing in stock at £130 might be worth quite a lot more if pitched as Porsche 911/928 spec items.   

I was looking to replace mine, after it was suggested as a possible culprit for my difficult hot starting in (rare) hot weather, but it looks like I won't be doing that any time soon!

If anyone finds a source keep us posted, it looks like one for the Porsche Classic wishlist.

From memory 3.2 carreras run a fuel pressure damper inline on the fuel system to mitigate the pulse of the non sequential fuel injection. Personally unless you absolutely knew there was an issue with your regulator, IE you took fuel pressure at idle and you had decent vac. I'd suggest cracking the unions. Cleaning the mating faces and lightly lubing the the threads. That way if you needed to change it the process would be easier come the future. 

DBS

I did ! and it was a b*stard job to find out it was that and then replace whilst the engine was in-situ :cry: even Porsche worldly-wise mechanics were amazed it was that part which failed. Pretty rare apparently...but does happen.

8 hours ago, MarkJ said:

I did ! and it was a b*stard job to find out it was that and then replace whilst the engine was in-situ :cry: even Porsche worldly-wise mechanics were amazed it was that part which failed. Pretty rare apparently...but does happen.

I still have the scars to confirm it was a b*stars job :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...