CV-19 Discussion

Richard Bernau

My heart is good 👍, didn't wear it out, just broke it and then it was fixed 😎 as in my oil pump is good it was split oil line that caused the breakdown

Recently been working on improving my induction system and a bit of lightweighting too

Row over 7k in 30 mins everyday, will ramp it up to 45 mins, after 3 weeks I'm 116km into crossing the Atlantic, only 4539km to go 😲 hoping to get across late next year 😢

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coronavirus: Epidemiological models show Europe faces Italy-like surges within weeks

‘Italy is about two weeks ahead of Britain and the rest of Europe,’ professor Francois Balloux says. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-news-update-covid-19-mathematical-model-epidemiology-a9402131.html

Scientists warn against UK government’s ‘herd immunity’ strategy

More than 245 scientists and mathematicians have denounced the government’s plan to achieve “herd immunity” by delaying measures to prevent the virus spreading, saying acting now would save “thousands of lives”.

British police to have powers to arrest covid-19 patients not self-isolating

Ministers are planning to give police in the UK the power to arrest people with coronavirus who are not self-isolating, the health secretary has confirmed.

Because.... 

Significant disruptions need high population compliance. People already can’t be trusted to buy toilet roll properly

Dr Michael Head, Southampton University

1 hour ago, Chris_911 said:

Ferrari has shut Maranello.

wow, just wow

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula-1/f1-news-ferrari-shutting-down-operations-in-italy_sto7704864/story.shtml

if cases keep rising here I can see all the British automotive companies shutting up shop due to supply chain delivery delays

Lack of ventilators in the UK 'consequence of NHS under-funding', BMA says

The chairman of the British Medical Association, Dr Chaand Nagpaul, has suggested that sustained cuts left the UK’s public healthcare system far more unprepared than other European countries at the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak.

He said the UK’s relative lack of ventilators was “a result of a decade of under-funding” and urged the government to provide “clear, decisive plans” to ensure that healthcare workers can provide the care patients need. 

Happy now ? Tory voters 🙄

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

wow, just wow

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula-1/f1-news-ferrari-shutting-down-operations-in-italy_sto7704864/story.shtml

if cases keep rising here I can see all the British automotive companies shutting up shop due to supply chain delivery delays

On Friday numerous UK factories went into emergency shut down / sent everyone home for a long weekend including one of our clients in the North East, they are going to reassess by Tuesday but hard to see that they will return to business as usual at that time: they have implemented a total logistics stop in and out, and a site that normally has five or six hundred staff was down to security only. 

Sometimes the Aussie’s manage to convey a simple message with style 

13 minutes ago, PeterK said:

Sometimes the Aussie’s manage to convey a simple message with style 

Funny but true and this thread is another example of the craziness, people need to get a grip!

Edited by Beaky

4 hours ago, GaryH said:

Lack of ventilators in the UK 'consequence of NHS under-funding', BMA says

The chairman of the British Medical Association, Dr Chaand Nagpaul, has suggested that sustained cuts left the UK’s public healthcare system far more unprepared than other European countries at the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak.

He said the UK’s relative lack of ventilators was “a result of a decade of under-funding” and urged the government to provide “clear, decisive plans” to ensure that healthcare workers can provide the care patients need. 

Happy now ? Tory voters 🙄

I’m no Tory ( I loath most politicians)  but this is a ridiculous statement.   How would any health system predict that we specifically needed loads of ventilators?  

Do you think that if this virus resulted in people losing a leg, we would have enough crutches and replacement limbs to go round?

This isn’t a time for political point scoring.