Impact Bumpers
NeilH

Tyre Recommendation SC Targa Sport (Softer wall?)

Hi All

Needing to replace rears; but considering total swapout

Currently Bridgestone S02. With the Targa Sport, 16" rims, up-rated Bilsteins. Seems to give a harsh ride - harsher and a less compliant ride than my trackday Westfield on Yokohama AD08Rs!

Looking for something more compliant. No plans to trackday it or driving "full on" on the roads (if you know what I mean) and only really a dry-miles weekend car.

Would rather stay with N-rated

Anyone any experience of Contis, Dunlops etc.

What about the factory recommended Pirellis? Though some posts suggest they're not the best performing - whatever that means?

Sizes below      

front 205 55 ZR 16/ 93W
rear 225 50 ZR 16/92W

Many thanks,

Neil

I have contis on my sc amongst others and rate them. They don’t look as aggressive or square shouldered as the bridgestones but they grip well, are quiet and you can really push them. 

your uprated shocks are prob causing the problem , was it boge to start with ? I fitted clubsport billies to mine and it was rock hard , it now has a new set of standard Boge/Sachs .. mucho better , you can get your billies revalved for a more compliant ride

I have Bilstein Sportstrasse on my coupe, with Contis, and a lowered ride height, and I'm very happy with the set-up: sporty but nicely pliant on British roads.

I’ve just bought some 65/60 profile tyres for the hotrod in 15 both for comfort and stance look. Haven't tried since the 80’s but it is a backdate. After research I went with newer Asia tyre manufacturers o happy to update when trials begin. I am also looking for good set/dry grip but road use only and tyre choice limited in 15.

Fitted wheels on car yesterday and they do fill the arches. Rears, 60’s, are similar hight to 245 45 16 thats come off but fronts are a lot taller than 205 50 15 as expected. I was running diff nights F&R.

Went with 215 60 15 and 195 65 15 Nexen Blu 

B21671A0-24E0-4597-BB1A-30770ED53606.jpeg

Just fitted a set of Yokohama AD08Rs to mine. Only had a couple of quick drives so far but already quiet happy with them.

I couldn't find anyone with a complete set of N rated tyres and the AD08R's were only £410 for all four, which I thought was very reasonable for that type of tyre.