Another oil thread - Valvoline VR1

5 minutes ago, oilman said:

It was around 1300ppm a few years ago so I would assume it is there or there abouts still.

Although the Mobil 1 Motosport branding is no more it is just Mobil 1 10w-60 advanced synthetic these days.

Cheers,

Guy

Hi Phil,

I probably should have introduced myself!

I have been working with, and recommending lubricants at Opie Oils for the last 17 years 👍 I started the online side of things with my brother who is the MD.

Cheers,

Guy

Thanks Guy, that gives you some cred for sure.

I use the VR1. I used to use Magnatec but that is like the p1$$ of someone who hasn't drunk enough water by comparison. Still use it my daily though.

Edited by Phill
  • Like 1

You wont have any issues with the VR1 20w-50.

It is quite a unique oil, there isn't really anything else quite like it in the UK market today, being a 20w-50 mineral and so good. Most 20w-50 minerals are aimed at classic vehicles for road use and are not up to the job of track/race use but the Valvoline VR1 20w-50 loves it.

Now, I hope I don't offend you 911'ers... I have a 928 S4 and the VR1 20w-50 is popular with those guys as they are obsessed with oil pressure. I keep trying to remind them high oil pressure is like high blood pressure, if it too high then there can be problems. My 928 man put VR1 20w-50 in mine but I soon swapped it out for 5w-40 as I felt the pressure was too high. Using a 5w-40 also makes other 928 owners teeth itch when you tell them, which is fun.

Cheers,

Guy

Edited by oilman
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, oilman said:

You wont have any issues with the VR1 20w-50.

It is quite a unique oil, there isn't really anything else quite like it in the UK market today, being a 20w-50 mineral and so good. Most 20w-50 minerals are aimed at classic vehicles for road use and are not up to the job of track/race use but the Valvoline VR1 20w-50 loves it.

Now, I hope I don't offend you 911'ers... I have a 928 S4 and the VR1 20w-50 is popular with those guys as they are obsessed with oil pressure. I keep trying to remind them high oil pressure is like high blood pressure, if it too high then there can be problems. My 928 man put VR1 20w-50 in mine but I soon swapped it out for 5w-40 as I felt the pressure was too high. Using a 5w-40 also makes other 928 owners teeth itch when you tell them, which is fun.

Cheers,

Guy

You’re very welcome on here and I know you’ve been giving good advice on ddk for many years

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 22/02/2021 at 16:47, oilman said:

Although the Mobil 1 Motorsport branding is no more it is just Mobil 1 10w-60 advanced synthetic these days

So, that's why I can't buy this anymore 🤔 ?

PXL_20220816_110522663.jpg

On 22/02/2021 at 16:47, oilman said:

🤔 ?

Edited by GaryH