Bilstein green touch up paint

Flat 6

Hey all,

Just tidying up my front suspension and need to touch up the strut around the hub. It's not bad enough to justify a full strip down and spray paint.

I found an old thread here that mentions Halfords Ford Green as an alternative to John Deere green. The genuine JD stuff only come in 1L tins from what I can see so an alternative would be useful.

Or has anyone come up with a general paint code for green billies? Can't seem to find a consensus on that on't interweb....

If there is an upside to this social distancing stuff it's garage time...

Cheers,

Al.

14 hours ago, Type911 said:

I got a spray can of JD green from ebay, colour is spot on!

So was that made by JD?

I was thinking more of touching in the lower part of the strut from a tin of paint rather than using a spray can but the disk and backing plate is off so I suppose masking up to spray wouldn't be a big deal.

A pal tells me he got some JD Yellow from a nearby JD dealer so I'll try there first. Hope they're open...

Cheers,

Al.

9 hours ago, Flat 6 said:

A pal tells me he got some JD Yellow from a nearby JD dealer so I'll try there first. Hope they're open...

Cheers,

Al.

Not sure buying paint falls under ‘essential journey’ does it?

Buy it online!    

10 hours ago, Flat 6 said:

I was thinking more of touching in the lower part of the strut from a tin of paint rather than using a spray can but the disk and backing plate is off so I suppose masking up to spray wouldn't be a big deal.

Spray some into the lid and apply with a brush?

1 hour ago, Jonny Hart said:

Not sure buying paint falls under ‘essential journey’ does it?

Buy it online!    

I take your point of course Jonny.

Probably one for the Covid 19 discussion thread but I'm not really sure a man with a van driving from a depot to my house with a can of paint is any more essential! The dealer I'm thinking of is in a rural location, as I am, about 5 miles away. I'm comfortable with a process of initially calling them to see if they have it and, if they do, paying over the phone and then asking them to leave it outside for me to pick up. I'd think the risk of promulgating the virus by doing that is no higher than online shopping?

Definitely not unconcerned about this situation though.  I have changed my thinking over the last few days from 'sooner otherwise healthy people get it and develop some immunity ' to isolation. Mainly in the hope of reducing pressure on the NHS. 

I do fear for the future at the moment. I am a self employed sales and marketing bod who does projects for early stage companies. Pipeline already starting to dry up and I can see lean times ahead in the summer months.

Stay healthy all,

Al.

Just called the dealer and bought over the phone for remote pickup.

When I explained what it was for the owner revealed that he drives a 914 and his other Director drives a 965!

We agreed to leave to test drives of each others cars for a few months...

Al.