New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

Beaky

Social Isolation IB Projects

Very nice, better than mine. How does it look fitted?

1 minute ago, Phill said:

Very nice, better than mine. How does it look fitted?

It's pretty much identical to the white one geometry/shape wise, with the funnel not so side (still plenty big enough). 

Will try and get a photo tomorrow. 

I was going to put a logo on it but couldn't decide what! 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, ajd said:

Funnel update

Fusion 360 is amazing but a bit tricky - I have been struggling - then it turned out Tinkercad had some better pipes and shapes added so I managed to create a much better Mark 2!

I added a captive cap as my current funnel is always a pain to put back under the bonnet with a bit of residual oil even after a wipe. 

It’s a quicker print but still 6 hours, but only 43g so quite efficient on material.

Happy to run off a few for fun if anyone interested. PM me and I’ll see what I can do and see what price would be seen as reasonable - I am busy at work so not sure how long it may take to sort. 

1F72EBD9-C698-4066-BEA9-9032F778BE0E.jpeg

3E2619FF-044D-4C2B-AA6D-B9B973C781D2.jpeg

50150BC5-C77E-4E69-9F3A-F9688D5B8441.jpeg

That looks pretty cool. I’d like one please 👍 What would be the price? Porsche, 911 or the crest on the top section would be even better 

Edited by Busybee

Some more pictures. 

I couldn’t find any gold paint Ian but I’ll have another look in the shed to see what I can find :)

PM me if you’re interested. I reserve the right to get bored any any time - they take ages to print!

Cheers

J

F68E86B6-873A-477F-BA4A-27A94A60F60F.jpeg

67FEA92B-1112-442B-968C-CC174A51D6B8.jpeg

79935706-6DEE-4813-9B5B-9904128C584B.jpeg

3735E7E3-D227-4D05-8353-E6A0DA98501F.jpeg

1CEA8CB2-5020-4AC4-82D4-C3FEDB0705E9.jpeg

A993D7FA-AC49-47B1-A84B-DE368C10E9A9.jpeg

• Like 2

I'll have one if possible please!

22 hours ago, ajd said:

...I managed to create a much better Mark 2!

1F72EBD9-C698-4066-BEA9-9032F778BE0E.jpeg

...muuusst....resssiiisst...sheee.weee....jokkkke...againnnnnn (ahem) Looks very nice, well done ;)

Nifty device ajd, well done :)

This weeks project has been changing an O2 sensor on the Cayman. Check engine light and OBDII diagnostics said Bank 2 sensor 1. 
Was well and truely seized one the manifold so took a few days of plus gas soaking and then propane torch to finally get it to budge while all the time in fear of rounding the nut. 

Finally off and replaced. Cleared the code off for a test drive and the fekin light comes on again. 

Note to self. When reading up on which is Bank 2 remember that when Pelican says drivers side they sit on the wrong side of the car in other countries!  All that struggle and I have changed the wrong side! 🙄 Tw4t! 

Another sensor ordered 😊

5 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

This weeks project has been changing an O2 sensor on the Cayman. Check engine light and OBDII diagnostics said Bank 2 sensor 1. 
Was well and truely seized one the manifold so took a few days of plus gas soaking and then propane torch to finally get it to budge while all the time in fear of rounding the nut. 

Finally off and replaced. Cleared the code off for a test drive and the fekin light comes on again. 

Note to self. When reading up on which is Bank 2 remember that when Pelican says drivers side they sit on the wrong side of the car in other countries!  All that struggle and I have changed the wrong side! 🙄 Tw4t! 

Another sensor ordered 😊

🤦 ahh well. You’ll have a shiny new pair or sensors Rich. One of mine went on my 981. Probably from me changing to the carnewal mufflers. 200 cell cats 👌😜

Home made Rear camber adjusters. Got a pair on my car already. This is going to Mark (SilverWT) just waiting for more stock to be delivered so I can make the other side.

Jason

F2ED6D50-5A7D-4BD6-AFAC-4B6666D64B9A.jpeg

Edited by hagarep