11 hours ago, Dick said:

Unfortunately he does know what they are worth, so I can't steal it off him 🙂 I think he has £7k in his head, but I don't know if that is realistic with no MOT!!

Seems about the market price if the condition is right. Would be circa £12k - £15k with the MOT.

10 hours ago, njpcarrera32 said:

Seems about the market price if the condition is right. Would be circa £12k - £15k with the MOT.

Wow, that seems like a lot.  It's a shame I don't have any room for another spare car.  If only I could afford his house too, as it comes with a double garage!

42 minutes ago, Dick said:

Wow, that seems like a lot.

Don't worry, another month of lockdown and everything we own will be worthless.........

When I was at college a friend had a company 205 1.9gti. He let me drive it round the college grass car park. At the end it was smoking from under the bonnet, he was very upset 😁 I still like them. If I ever sell the SC I think my stable will be a hot hatch and a 50s American pick up.

Question you have choice between a Peugeot GTI or a Clio Williams, which do you go for?

Me too

1 hour ago, jevvy said:

Love a pug 205 but still a golf man at heart

49089205251_d29fbbea5d_h.jpg

32531570367_9c651772f4_h.jpg

Just needs a bright red carpet to add a little Gallic flair :whistling:

3 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

Just needs a bright red carpet to add a little Gallic flair :whistling:

The red lid on the de-icer is the best I can do :)

38 minutes ago, jevvy said:

The red lid on the de-icer is the best I can do :)

As you also have red lines on the seats I will let you off :)

4 hours ago, Lesworth said:

Peugeot every time for me.

It would be for me too, having learnt to drive in my mum's 205 1.1XL, but I am with Jevvy, I was a Golf man.  First car VW Golf mk1 1.1L, then had a mk2 GTi, then a  mk 3 GTi Colour Concept ad lastly a mk3 cabriolet.

the clio williams feels far more modern and less connected that the pug.  i do keep eyeing clio V6 though!

Loving this 80s love in! I too had a couple of interesting cars from this era. I left University and ended up living back at home for a year which rather curtailed my social life! However It did enable me to save up and buy a one elderly owner 1979/V  Scirocco 1.6GLi in a lovely metallic red. It had the same engine as the Golf GTI but that lovely coupe body. Moved out and down south then and next up was a 1982/Y Golf GTI 1.8 MK1 in Lhasa green. I think it was fairly rare as VW upgraded the GTI engine from 1.6 to 1.8 only for a year or so before the MK2 Golf was introduced. The Golf had to go for a deposit on a flat but managed to bounce back a few years later with a 1986/D  205CTI 1.6 in white with a black hood. Bought it from BCA Blackbushe auctions and apparently its only previous owner was Cunard Cruises! It was a hoot but only after I had sold  it would I  admit that I did look a little hair-dresser like driving it around😉. Happy days! 

On 25/03/2020 at 11:12, jevvy said:

I looked hard to find the least-worst pic! Some were less flattering :)

Rear-of-Peugeot-309-GTI.jpg

Always hampered by having to use the same doors as the 205, and styled in the UK not Italy!

Never driven one but apparently they handled better than the 205. 

Loved my little rally car, proper giant killer on track days too (well up to about 110mph when it ran out of gears)

A12409EA-153F-4D1A-8F75-ACF0C392B00A.jpeg