SurlySurdi

000 Magazine

Hi all, has anyone ever read a copy of ooomagazine? They are very expensive Porsche focused magazines I’ve only just heard about.

A bit rich for my blood but was just wondering if one of us had read one and can provide more information, thanks.

They’re nice, really in-depth but not life changing or anything. If you like to read about Porsche probably worth it, not a must have imo.

Thanks 786, they do look very nice but at £22 each I can’t justify the expense for a magazine although as a gift I’d gladly accept!

3 hours ago, SurlySurdi said:

Thanks 786, they do look very nice but at £22 each I can’t justify the expense for a magazine although as a gift I’d gladly accept!

£22 each?

It's $350 here in the UK for a 12month subscription of 4 issues 😳

There’s a uk based site selling issue 11 for that price and they will be selling issue 12 for the same

3 minutes ago, SurlySurdi said:

There’s a uk based site selling issue 11 for that price and they will be selling issue 12 for the same

Tried to order says out of stock, typical

Posted (edited)

isn't there also 'Duck and Whale' (or similar) mag out now and the other lofty priced mag (forgotten name)? Thought they were a p-take on pricing, especially wanting to charge delivery on top!

Cancelled all my p-mag subs a year ago as only so many re-hashed stories you can chomp on over the years. Still get 'Motorsport' Mag (love it) and Classic Cars and Auto Italia :)

Edited by MarkJ

unless i see oily hands in DIY scenarios i'm not interested. £22? - p*** off!

PS is everyone else ******* bored of self isolation already? I love my family but...

If mine wasn’t being restored right now it would be even worse as I’d be tempted to drive her. So,  it may be a good thing as I’m nicely wrapped up at home! 

14 hours ago, R2D2 said:

PS is everyone else ******* bored of self isolation already? I love my family but...

Seriously.

19 hours ago, R2D2 said:

TBH I'm not - I'm working my way through the jobs that have been waiting for the opportunity to do them and taking my time to do them properly rather than rushing them! Helps that my last shopping was big spend at DIY stores ant the weather so far has been in my favour!

If I can find out where the Mrs put my tracker that's next!

I purchased the first year of 000 and it is very nice.  No DIY, but rather in depth editorial and photography.  It was a splurge, which unfortunately I didn't continue.  Pete Stout is a great guy, and also hosted "Rare Shades" which was pretty interesting, as it gathered PTS and rare color P-cars.  

Scott

On 3/25/2020 at 11:10 AM, MarkJ said:

Cancelled all my p-mag subs a year ago as only so many re-hashed stories you can chomp on over the years. Still get 'Motorsport' Mag (love it) and Classic Cars and Auto Italia :)

Agreed - my only exception is Excellence which I find quite good. https://www.excellence-mag.com/

000 Mag looks good but yes, hellish expensive so haven't bitten the bullet. One thing that gives me some confidence it might be worth it is that its founder I believe was Tom Toridan(?) who started Excellence Magazine

I'd like to get hold of one copy to see IF it's worth it, but there's always other priorities on my money like children, the wife, the mortgage, food.........

On a positive note,  my car is having its sealer coat applied this week before paint is applied towards the end of next week, all the rust is now gone, panels all straight etc. Will create a new post detailing it all.

Anyone tried Road Rat?  A bit of a coffee table book/magazine and £12 a copy, but some nice articles and good photography from what I have seen of two editions.

On 25/03/2020 at 11:18, R2D2 said:

unless i see oily hands in DIY scenarios i'm not interested. £22? - p*** off!

Totally with you Nathan! I also dont want to read about watches, yachts and helicopters in my car magazine:) i.e Octane... practical classics is probably the only one I'd buy with the occasional miniworld when I get my regular mini cooper twitches. 

p.s. i wonder if we'll be in the swimming pool this Summer?

On 25/03/2020 at 11:10, MarkJ said:

Still get 'Motorsport' Mag (love it) and Classic Cars and Auto Italia :)

Good choice!   I dont subscribe but these are generally the mags that I will look at first

• Like 1