green911

Wanted.... a car!!

After loosing a car and a chunk of money in the FLM fiasco I'm after a car!

I sold a 3.2 carrera to fund the swb car that was being built, so I'm open to most things.

You or someone you know, must have something in your/their, shed/garage/barn that's not being used.

I've got a depleted budget. I'm not after perfection, prefer RHD. I don't want a total project or rot box.

I know I'm being unrealistic and overly optimistic, but it's worth a try. In the current situation it might be a while before I can view it, but it can't hurt to start looking!!!

PM me if you know of anything.

Julian 

Thanks for that. It does look ok, however, for me, a roof is important!, or at least a targa......:-)

Julian - I am thinking of selling. Guards red, 3.2 coupe. If you send an email address, I’ll send some info. Sam

^^^ I like the look of that.  Sounds clean and has a nice look to it.  Wonder what the sell price will be...

12 hours ago, Roy M said:

Yes, it will be interesting to see how much higher that goes. With that sort of mileage,  I'd be pricing in an engine and gearbox build and at least some suspension work so really it's getting close to the £40k mark. 

1 hour ago, Flat 6 said:

I'd be pricing in an engine and gearbox build and at least some suspension work

With the age of any IB, how its been looked after, maintained and driven, not millage is the concern.

A 60K town driven car originally owned by a YUPI is more likely to need serious work than a 130K long distance car originally owned by an enthusiast. I personally think it is crazy to have a different contingency pricing on any IB based on millage alone. Contingency pricing only makes any sense after a proper investigation.

It's also a G50 car and the G50 enthusiasts on here will tell you that a G50 will last more than 100M !!!

:twocents:

Mark

18 minutes ago, SilverWT said:

A 60K town driven car originally owned by a YUPI is more likely to need serious work than a 130K long distance car originally owned by an enthusiast. I personally think it is crazy to have a different contingency pricing on any IB based on millage alone. Contingency pricing only makes any sense after a proper investigation.

Yep. After 125k my engine and gearbox have never been apart and they are still as tight as a gnats chuff.

What about the customary  "if it hasn't any recent receipts for bodywork then factor in £25K for B post repairs" caveat? 

12 hours ago, SilverWT said:

With the age of any IB, how its been looked after, maintained and driven, not millage is the concern.

It's also a G50 car and the G50 enthusiasts on here will tell you that a G50 will last more than 100M !!!

:twocents:

Mark

11 hours ago, Lesworth said:

Yep. After 125k my engine and gearbox have never been apart and they are still as tight as a gnats chuff.

I guess I must've just been unlucky then. All 4 SCs that I've owned have had engine and gearbox rebuilds between 110k and 130k.  Maybe 3.2s are less stressed or something but the SC engine is considered strong.

Of course I haven't seen the car and know nothing of it's history. None of us do.  Maybe it has done 500 nice easy motorway miles a week all its life, maybe not. All I'm saying is that, for me, engine and gearbox would be the main risk factors I would be pricing into my decision. Hard won experience based on having to fork out for rebuilds shortly after purchase on two of the cars, both with good service history. Thankfully one was in a rising market, the other wasn't.

I'd be much less concerned about b-pillars and kidney bowls...easy peasy that!

A long life to all of you lucky peeps who are driving around in high milers with no rebuilds.

Al.

11 minutes ago, SP72 said:

That is a lovely looking car

It does look nice eh, love the colour combo and sports seats.

This is the money shot though...

DSC_9858.jpg

Bang on there,that could turn into a hole under those bubbles.

I'd buy high with most of the usual stuff done (top end, B pillars etc), in reality many previous owners never really get their money back, unless they keep their cars for many years and use them to the full.

Is there a top line budget for the acquisition?, buying cheap unfortunately typically ends up expensive.

1 hour ago, Carrera2 said:

Bang on there,that could turn into a hole under those bubbles.

There WILL be a hole under those bubbles, they come from the other side..... But, if the price is right, the rest of it looks good.

2 hours ago, SP72 said:

That is a lovely looking car

You having a wobble Shirish? Go on. You know you want one! 😜

what are you after busy.

28 minutes ago, Busybee said:

You having a wobble Shirish? Go on. You know you want one! 😜

Hey hey, no mate not at all - aside from the aforementioned eczema, it just sits very nicely.

1 hour ago, Chris T said:

There WILL be a hole under those bubbles, they come from the other side..... But, if the price is right, the rest of it looks good.

Rust in this area means a lot of rust elsewhere and expensive to fix. So it would need to be really cheap!!