Sign in to follow this  
sazabi2001

G50 gearbox mounting rubber bush

Since I pay the ‘reasonable’ amount of money for the Rennline G50 rubber mount, I started to wonder why I should pay that much. So I pressed out the rubber from the engine mount as well.

Without surprise, they seems to be the same piece of rubber, and people did just press the engine rubber to the g50 cross bar. Now I’m not sure it’s just G50 car use the same rubber or all 915s, but I feel like I spent some stupid amount of money.

275F6DD9-32E2-49B0-8551-2435A7CA526E.jpeg

35648DE3-1398-4C11-A275-8C5BB8130C23.jpeg

53E1C0FF-F7D5-4203-B65B-C09FD213C8DE.jpeg

F35BE5C9-9EA0-4253-8CDD-5C3777FF6467.jpeg

With you on that one, they would appear to be identical.

Yes, thats why Superpro and Powerflex fit G50 gearbox although they are only listed for engine

Am in the process of changing the G50 gearbox mounts using standard the (aftermarket) engine mounts.

Noticed there seems to be two designs,one  has a larger steel internal collar. Anyone know why this design change happened? 

regards Angus

On 27/06/2020 at 23:25, angusb said:

Am in the process of changing the G50 gearbox mounts using standard the (aftermarket) engine mounts.

Noticed there seems to be two designs,one  has a larger steel internal collar. Anyone know why this design change happened? 

regards Angus

Subsequently saw  this, it would appear that the Cabrio,Clubsport engine mounts are the same material as the "standard" G50 gearbox mounts, the diameter of the steel collar being smaller.

MOUNT IMAGE.jpg