2020 IB not-the-Solstice Run to the Sun - postponed to 2021

**EDIT  - Pencilled in a Plan B date of September 26**

Last year this was f*cked right up with a name change and meeting at Clackett Lane services. That is hardly the spirit!

This event celebrates driving IBs on the longest day of the year. It's called the Equinox Run as the first one was called that in error (by me of course). Errors are human, they are there to be embraced and we love to take the piss so this heritage event is not called Solstice anything.

It does not start at Clackett Lane services because you don't like the traffic in Greenwich. It starts at Greenwich as THAT IS WHERE TIME STARTS.

It is not intended to be a parade or a convoy of cars. It is just people out having a drive and some craic in between. You do not have to stick together between stops. If you are worried about sticking to the arse of the guy in front then this may not be for you :D

So, date clash with RB's tour notwithstanding and assuming we are allowed to get together for this, we will leave GREENWICH at 09:11 in the AM, run down to the south coast and then people can disperse for whatever they do on a Saturday afternoon. I may bring up the rear in a Z4 or may convince Jonny to pax me about or could maybe jump in with another IBer.

Last year's route (creds to Sopor) was the classic but with Clackett Lane installed. I would prefer not to do the M25 but leave that with me for now. Outline route is therefore:

• Meet at Greenwich Park Cafe by observatory: postcode SE10 8QY
  • Head south to Clackett Lane services (south side/west bound) for first rendezvous with potential buzzkillers
  • Head for the beach car park in Pevensey Bay for ice creams and seagull shenanigans
  • Then head for Beachy Head for a group photo shot in the traditional June fog.
  • Then on to Brighton Marina for a McDonalds flat white and double cheeseburger or whatever you fancy

This is subject to change for obvious reasons but putting it out there anyway. See how we go.

ALSO: if you are IB-less or your car is up on blocks then come in anything you want as long as it has some character.

•  
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beaky said:

Yup i'm in

Bring lamb kebabs! Maybe we should get some picnic stuff together as might be a bit early for fish n chips (to be open I mean). Or maybe not as that sounds like work :D

I think an early start sound good, less temptation or chance of other things getting in the way.

I assume you'll be coming in the Orange?

13 minutes ago, Beaky said:

I think an early start sound good, less temptation or chance of other things getting in the way.

I assume you'll be coming in the Orange?

A big IB welcome to the first person who did not read the full thread! :smash:

Unless miracles happen and I suddenly get all this time off people keep talking about then it is Z4 or a pax seat for me! But that is OK 👍🏻

I'm in; given I live quite close to the start (the first 6 characters of my postcode are the same as the start), I have limited excuse!

11 hours ago, GoldenLane said:

Haha

I’m in 💥💥💥

Last year was great btw, we even went off road for some of it. Four of us...

That route was bloody good fun and blew a few cobwebs out of my car!

Edited by EJH911
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johndglynn said:

I spy my pax ride 🤠 albeit you’re gonna have to leave at some freaking mad time to get down there!!

Full fat coke and a tube of Smarties and I can go a week without sleep.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, johndglynn said:

ALSO: if you are IB-less or your car is up on blocks then come in anything you want as long as it has some character

•  

Count me in with my son but we won't be in an IB ☹️

I shall be rollin my ex-Tiggywinkles Bambi Ambulance 😎 

Might bring my big dawg too as he's never been to London or seen the sea 😍

Front seat is yours JG if you can't find a more respectable ride!

• Like 1