2020 IB not-the-Solstice Run to the Sun - postponed to 2021

1 hour ago, hagarep said:

Phill

I need to get the K Jet refitted first, assuming it works now. I'll let you know, but if you get another offer, take it.

Thanks Jason, that's great. It will be a good test for it.

• johndglynn changed the title to 2020 IB not-the-Solstice Run to the Sun - postponed to 2021

Well. Given the new rule banning gatherings of six or more - and as I am in full agreement with the rule (for once) - this event is cancelled until 2021. Plenty of time for me to get my little car up and running. We'll be back in business next year. Stay safe and keep your heads down 👍🏻

Back in July when we went for our run no one stood around in groups of more than six at any rate. Even in the smaller conversational groups no one really came within 2m of each other.

Interestingly, listening to Grant Schapps as i type, if this was an organised rally and we paid to enter (ie for maps and a  certificate) and the organiser was doing it as a business, it would be acceptable. So much for simpler rules, eh?

Edited by Phill

51 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

COVID is just ar$e biscuits, starting to get a bit tedious now 😜

If the new rules save a few folk then not meeting up isn't really a big inconvenience on the scale of being alive to being dead

to use a phrase from my yoff - it's a buzz kill

• 6 months later...
28 minutes ago, Von Twinzig said:

Assuming the Governments roadmap out of COVID, due to be lifted on 21st June, stays on track, is there any desire to attempt the Run to the Sun the following Saturday (26th)?

VT

I’m game!

Shall we start a meeting thread?

If free (I’ll have to check) I’m in 

Cars due it’s a annual MOT and service on the 25, so, the 26th would provide a good post service shake down 

Also up for this as well - would suggest the morning start as was done at last year's "the equinox is the equinox" run as Saturday afternoon roads post lockdown will be well busy.

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, sopor said:

Is there any consensus on this? Or should I just declare a 08:00 sharp start from the westbound Clackett Lane services?!

Sounds good to me 👍

Why so early, we used to leave Greenwich around 15.00 - I know we want to avoid most of the heavy traffic, in reality its a Saturday so we are going to run into it at some point

How about 10.00 from westbound Clackett Lane services, that should allow some folks to get there and miss some of the traffic 

Even 10:00 is way too early.

You will get much less traffic later on, even the traffic around Greenwich and the A2 was only moderate around 15:00 and we are dropping that bit.

Mark

On 01/09/2020 at 14:19, Beaky said:

If we do an early Clackett Lane meet as we did in July then venture onfrom there, that we a great run.

Hence the 08:00 departure suggestion...

Didn’t we leave Greenwich at 4pm ? Then then Clacket lane for those lazy beggars , then Pevensey for fish n chips followed by the coast road to beachy head for sunset ..then  tunnel run and coffee at McD’s at Brighton marina .. 

34 minutes ago, longman said:

Didn’t we leave Greenwich at 4pm ? Then then Clacket lane for those lazy beggars , then Pevensey for fish n chips followed by the coast road to beachy head for sunset ..then  tunnel run and coffee at McD’s at Brighton marina .. 

I thought it was 15.00 but you are probably correct.

so folks we need to agree a time, so how about 13.00 at Clacket Lane. We’ll hit Pevensey for a late lunch, then how about same route but driving through Brighton to say Worthing for coffee.

12 hours ago, longman said:

This is my preference. The whole point of this day was to end up a Beachy Head as the sun goes down for photos and then have some coffee in Brighton Marina. It worked for me because I could get other family type stuff done in the morning. Appreciate it wont work for others though but I'll give the early start option a miss if its going to change from the previously successful format.

Would be very happy to join in if the format is like old times.

I like to see the sun going down from Beachy head, with enough light to make the drive to Brighton without risk to life and more importantly, car.

Jason.

Anytime is fine with me as long as I have car back from the menders by then:rolleyes:. When we did early start last time there was definitely much less traffic than Iater on (lockdown not-with-standing). We had mostly clear roads.