2020 IB not-the-Solstice Run to the Sun - postponed to 2021

I’ve been looking forward to this drive but I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it. Will keep an eye out for whatever time you decide to set off and - if I can make it - I’ll let you, erm, gentlemen, know here. Have a great day either way!

@Beaky et al how about 4pm start at Clacketts then? That way those that want to go to Greenwich can, those that want to do chores in the morning can and those that want to come from further afield can. I'll probably need a nap about 2 o'clock cos I'll still be up at 6 regardless :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Phill said:

@Beaky et al how about 4pm start at Clacketts then? That way those that want to go to Greenwich can, those that want to do chores in the morning can and those that want to come from further afield can. I'll probably need a nap about 2 o'clock cos I'll still be up at 6 regardless :rolleyes:

Sounds good to me, is that OK for the majority?

On 03/06/2021 at 10:37, Lesworth said:

This is my preference. The whole point of this day was to end up a Beachy Head as the sun goes down for photos and then have some coffee in Brighton Marina. It worked for me because I could get other family type stuff done in the morning. Appreciate it wont work for others though but I'll give the early start option a miss if its going to change from the previously successful format.

They were really fun times. Would love to join in again this year but will be at Snetterton racing the EnduroKa. Enjoy chaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Not long now. I'll make an executive decision :door:4pm at Clacketts. (Although for full disclosure I'm not sure I'll have my car back by then)

Who's coming?

2 hours ago, Phill said:

Not long now. I'll make an executive decision :door:4pm at Clacketts. (Although for full disclosure I'm not sure I'll have my car back by then)

Who's coming?

Phil, I know the date is in an older post, but new viewers may not find it, or muddle it with other suggested dates.

May I suggest a new post with date, day, time, location clearly in bold letters.

Mark

PS, I'm in :steering:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SilverWT said:

Phil, I know the date is in an older post, but new viewers may not find it, or muddle it with other suggested dates.

May I suggest a new post with date, day, time, location clearly in bold letters.

Mark

PS, I'm in :steering:

Yes, what is it? A week on Sunday or Saturday?

So, therefore, for all those who can't be bothered to read the whole thread (and who can blame you :lol: ) it is.......drum roll...........

Saturday 26th June 2021. 3pm at the Greenwich Observatory car park for a 3:15 departure or for those of a more sensible disposition 4pm at the clockwise Clacket Lane services (M25).

Ok, so who's going Saturday and meeting where. I'll start:

Beaky, Greenwich at 15.00

Wingnonut, Clacketts 16.00 

Edited by Beaky

Beaky, Greenwich at 15.00

Wingnonut, Clacketts 16.00 

Sopor, Clacketts 16.00 

BusyBee, Clacketts 16.00 

Very disappointingly I am out. My gearbox has yet to be repaired. We were discussing coming in the Golf but I think it would be more of a chore than a fun few hours. I hope you all have a great time. Might see if I can get to Clacketts to wave you off :eusa_boohoo:

2 hours ago, Phill said:

Very disappointingly I am out. My gearbox has yet to be repaired. We were discussing coming in the Golf but I think it would be more of a chore than a fun few hours. I hope you all have a great time. Might see if I can get to Clacketts to wave you off :eusa_boohoo:

Have a spare passenger seat Phil and more than happy for you to navigate for me. At the end of the day you do know the route very well! May to drop you home on the way back.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

Have a spare passenger seat Phil and more than happy for you to navigate for me. At the end of the day you do know the route very well! May to drop you home on the way back.

That's a great offer, thank you. My son was actually quite keen this year so I don't want to leave him at home and double disappoint him. I think we are going to spend the time getting some more work done on the Golf. I really appreciate it though.

NP Phil. 

So are there really only 4 of us going? (And with Haith coming all the way from Wales!)

Edited by Wingnonut

Just now, Wingnonut said:

NP Phil. 

So are there really only 4 of us going? (And with Haith coming all the way from Wales!)

I was thinking the same to be honest Rich. Long way for me. Maybe I’ll wait to see you in July 

44 minutes ago, SilverWT said:

I was planning on coming, not sure if Greenwich or Clackets yet.

Mark

Same for me

Jason