2020 IB not-the-Solstice Run to the Sun - postponed to 2021

9 hours ago, GoldenLane said:

😳 I'll be sure to stick my 2m broomstick in the back if there's adult shenanigans going on  😳

Don't worry, we can sit at the donut stand and just wait for the fallout :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking slim but maybe. Pencilled in a Plan B date of September 26th.

What about a virtual meet? Can we do that?! Zoom chat where people tell their favourite IB on tour stories? I can chair it - bring snacks and pics. Need to practice it first to figure out the format.

1 hour ago, johndglynn said:

What about a virtual meet? Can we do that?! Zoom chat where people tell their favourite IB on tour stories? I can chair it - bring snacks and pics. Need to practice it first to figure out the format.

Brilliant. I’m in.

VT

Its a good month and a half away, so as long as  people adhere to the new  "stay Alert" etc. rules and test, track and trace works there is a good chance. 

21 hours ago, Beaky said:

Its a good month and a half away, so as long as  people adhere to the new  "stay Alert" etc. rules and test, track and trace works there is a good chance. 

Plus potentially more relaxation from 1st June if we all exercise common sense in the meantime. I do want to make sure I can still stay 2 metres away from you regardless Beaky ;) 

• Haha 1

I've read the 50 page document today and it very clearly says you can drive to visit outdoor places regardless of distance. So as long as we dont huddle when we get to places I think new are good to go.

On 10/05/2020 at 15:16, johndglynn said:

At the name would then fit. 🤣🤣

On 09/05/2020 at 16:00, Von Twinzig said:

Slim to none. And I’m an optimist. 😏

I don't reckon they're even that good. 

"From Wednesday in England, two people from different households will be able to meet in outdoor settings - such as parks - as long as they stay more than 2m (6ft) apart." 

That's two people from different households, not thirty middle-aged duffers in Porsches all going to the same place. 

Mass organised meet ups are clearly still not permitted. This could be a very bad IB PR feck up if anyone catches on to this, no ? 

Edited by GaryH

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-the-new-coronavirus-lockdown-rules

The new guidance states that when you’re outside, you should not meet up “with any more than one person from outside your household”.

I think some of you are reading what you want to read into the restrictions, not what is actually stated. 

🤔

Edited by GaryH

7 minutes ago, GaryH said:

I don't reckon they're even that good. 

"From Wednesday in England, two people from different households will be able to meet in outdoor settings - such as parks - as long as they stay more than 2m (6ft) apart." 

That's two people from different households, not thirty middle-aged duffers in Porsches all going to the same place. 

Mass organised meet ups are clearly still not permitted. This could be a very bad IB PR feck up if anyone catches on to this, no ? 

I agree, Gary. I don’t think what was said over the weekend changes things for this kind of event. 

VT

8 minutes ago, Von Twinzig said:

I agree, Gary. I don’t think what was said over the weekend changes things for this kind of event. 

Not going to be exactly inconspicuous is it. Media would have a field day with that :( Everyone has a camera phone these days. 

Edited by GaryH

53 minutes ago, GoldenLane said:

and the MOT just ran out. And she needs brakes...

MoTs expiring after 30 Mar are automatically extended by 6 months now. Still got to be road worthy so brakes are a problem. Not going to help make June happen though....

David

On 12/05/2020 at 23:56, GoldenLane said:

Doesn't look like June's happening anyway, or have I missed something?

I think it is unlikely but no need to call it until the week of the event. We shall see.