Photo Competition: Teenage Kicks - IB youthful misadventures

johndglynn

A few late-teen/student-era pics popped up in the playlist thread and there is obviously potential for the idea to stand on its own. Most of us are a long way from student days so let's see those pics from Number 1, Memory Lane and explain what you were up to back in the day. Share what makes the pic special.

RULES

One pic per member. I will give a prize to the one that gets the most likes or laughs! Competition closes Sunday at 9PM. Get posting!

If it's an old print of a photo then don't worry about scanning, just take a pic with your phone and post that 👍🏻

22 hours ago, Beaky said:

Many many moons ago I used to sing in a band, we were all broke students so we could only afford late night studio time (11.00pm to 06.0am).  We used to arrive at the Studio early to see who was rehearsing. One particular night, we had The Jam in one studio and Boney M in the other. 

I played sessions and deps around London in the '80s/'90s: was amazing who you’d end up sharing rehearsal space with. Recorded in a studio just off Hammersmith one night and Thomas Dolby was next door. High point at the time as his production was my favourite.

A mate was a mastering engineer at Pye Marble Arch so we recorded in very exalted company there. He then moved to the Hit Factory so we shared studios with Kylie 😀

This is me around same time as Nige's pic - maybe early '90 - in a studio nr Tower Bridge. Have had to dig through some files to find this!

Kaptain Kirk Drums.jpg

• Like 1

• johndglynn changed the title to Photo Competition: Teenage Kicks - IB youthful misadventures
  • johndglynn featured this topic
On 4/13/2020 at 3:13 PM, johndglynn said:

One pic per member. I will give a prize to the one that gets the most likes or laughs! Competition closes Sunday at 9PM. Get posting!

If it's an old print of a photo then don't worry about scanning, just take a pic with your phone and post that 👍🏻

As these are new rules, those that have posted before should be allowed one more 

1 hour ago, Beaky said:

As these are new rules, those that have posted before should be allowed one more 

As we have discovered this week, you don't do one more. Never do a lock in with Beaky!!

1 hour ago, Fuchs915 said:

1987 - learning how to tame torque steer...

Pastel tee shirt, stone washed jeans, white socks.  Oh, and sunglasses on a cloudy day.

0870A962-A650-4C64-8BB1-A60A35FD41E3_1_201_a.jpeg.7f2dfe18f4ddaed043de2ede8f51888c.jpeg

This is friggin magnificent :D

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 18.05.24.png

well boys ..while you were palying around i was on the other side of the iron curtain serving in the Czechoslovakian army..tughg live for 2 years as you can see...then finally i made it to USof A...and my 1st car for 400 bucks in Boston ghetto....after long drive to Florida in it and to California...my 1sr biss card before cell phone existed...

Ivan

led zep.jpg

boston ivan.jpg

ivans biis card.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AirCooledExcellence said:

1987, aged 17 with my first car, bought from my uncle, loved this car until the floor fell out shortly afterwards :D upgraded to an Alfasud that I enjoyed for a couple of years before rolling it :o 

DSC_7531.thumb.JPG.da73b9daab3b6076b57fd451d8fa1f70.JPG

DSC_7532.thumb.JPG.3352988f24a3d406158033d97967b385.JPG

All the best people have owned a Sud. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fuchs915 said:

All the best people have owned a Sud. ;)

We were given a Sud in London which "the collective" used as transport until it was seized by the Met one day. It was impounded in West Hendon nick. I went down to get it out and the cops were (rightly) having none of it. They let me get the six-pack out of the passenger's rear footwell, though. It was initially in the driver's rear footwell until it fell through said footwell at a set of traffic lights and dropped onto the A406. A willing engine but the rest was decidely fragile :D

• Like 1

This (according to the metadata) is from July 2003.  A 23 year old me with hair that I *really* can't understand in a car borrowed from the local dealer (you could borrow *anything* from the dealers at that time):

IMGP0289.thumb.jpg.814dbff8e3edf09fe15cbdfb9121a561.jpg

My friends and I were trainee chartered accountants (in summer we had time and *no* money).  The stories that came out of this period have been used to disgrace most of us in speeches at our weddings; they start at one friend borrowing an S500 from one dealer to chauffeur another friend to test drive a new Boxster at another dealer and get much worse from there.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EJH911 said:

My friends and I were trainee chartered accountants (in summer we had time and *no* money).  The stories that came out of this period have been used to disgrace most of us in speeches at our weddings; they start at one friend borrowing an S500 from one dealer to chauffeur another friend to test drive a new Boxster at another dealer and get much worse from there.

Perfect blaggery. Bought my Z4 Coupe from a chartered accountant/FD: true to type obv :D

early 90's discovered snowboarding then promptly became a snowboard bum for a few years doing a season in Europe and a season in Banff along with many trips up the A1 from the toon to play in some Scottish snow.

49730470326_d9fcd385be_h.jpg

• Like 1

Circa 1989 off out to a party with my mate Dave. Check out the suit! (Looks like we were more than “mates” from that photo 😂)

Next circa 1990 putting the cross flow back in my TVR Vixen. 

A27CE596-0D6B-435D-ADA6-25A44C5EF1E0.jpeg

B0FEE52F-83EF-4666-8293-F7ABC549957A.jpeg

• Like 2