Things I'm currently drooling over

carreracat

12 hours ago, hagarep said:

Found this on eBay. Drooled over it, then bought it.

With this and my little milling machine, I can now make RSR style ARB's front and rear, a cooler and spray bar for my gearbox rebuild and an over engineered throttle linkage for the Triumph ITB's.

It's going to be a good winter. It's just a shame I still have to go to work.

Just waiting for a stand to be delivered before I can start playing.

CL430.jpg

When my father passed away I laid claim to his Unimat table top lathe that he bought in the 70s. Still haven't learned how to use it 15 years later. ☹️

12 hours ago, hagarep said:

Found this on eBay. Drooled over it, then bought it.

With this and my little milling machine, I can now make RSR style ARB's front and rear, a cooler and spray bar for my gearbox rebuild and an over engineered throttle linkage for the Triumph ITB's.

It's going to be a good winter. It's just a shame I still have to go to work.

Just waiting for a stand to be delivered before I can start playing.

CL430.jpg

I’ve got one of those.  Failed to find a reasonably priced mill so been considering buying the Clarke Cl500M combined lathe/mill and selling my 430 lathe.  Unfortunately I’m not managing to find one of those locally either 🙈

Too fast.  The future is in going fast slowly. No, that's not a typo.

Not so relevant to the Rambo Lambo, but IMHO the manufacturers are in for a wake up call - the current crop of halo cars just seems aimed at yesterday's market.  And even the EV stuff seems poorly targeted.  The VW ID3 seems just about about the only "right sized" new product to my mind.  And the first EV that I have thought is worth a long hard look at for a real world family car replacement.  VW will sell as many of those as they can produce.

The title of this thread is “Things I am currently drooling over”. Are you seriously drooling over an ID3? 😂

We have a family A-Class A250e PHEV that we unintentionally bought in a panic as we went into lockdown in March as the current Merc was coming to end of its PCP. Have to say we are sold on the electric drive (and very rarely  use the ICE in the use it gets) but it is certainly not drool worthy.

Electric for transport Petrol for fun. At least for now. 

Wow. Has RB been abducted by aliens and been replaced by a green muncher? Daisy’s dad! Wash your mouth out young man. An id3! It looks like the typical stuff box all the jap car makers are making and with a base of 33k. 

Speed is speed. Sexy, fun, dangerous to know. The only way the electric offerings can attract guys like us is by making them faster, more fun and eventually cheaper.

I’m sure we all run daily “beige” cars. Sorry if your car is actually beige btw. But there’s a need for fun in life. Here steps up the Halo Cars. Not your first car, not your second. Probably your tenth or twentieth. Cutting edge and SAF! 

1 hour ago, Wingnonut said:

The title of this thread is “Things I am currently drooling over”.

Yeah, well I guess that's a gentle hand slap for going well off topic :) 

Things I am really drooling over is one of these.  Simple, cheap, fun and bang for buck.  Fun at all speeds.

384284473_BBRSuper225MazdaMX-5-5.thumb.jpg.60aee80be48a55e49c9902daab60b577.jpg

I have always wanted a boat, so one of these as well plus a suitable tow rig

Haines.jpg.f72463f9ce7131f85763adfbc7c02f5a.jpg

And a mini truck.  And an EV...

54 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

Too fast.  The future is in going fast slowly. No, that's not a typo.

Not so relevant to the Rambo Lambo, but IMHO the manufacturers are in for a wake up call - the current crop of halo cars just seems aimed at yesterday's market.  And even the EV stuff seems poorly targeted.  The VW ID3 seems just about about the only "right sized" new product to my mind.  And the first EV that I have thought is worth a long hard look at for a real world family car replacement.  VW will sell as many of those as they can produce.

RB, you're right, more fast doesn't equal more fun,  Mrs WC suggested we treat ourselves, she's quite taken by the Gallardo, in her words 'forget the R8, we should go big or stay at home' 😍 

Love the idea but it does have a sniff of 'respectable couple living in a country village secretly running a Whitelines criminal organisation' type vibe to it 🤔

Think one each of these would make a great 'have fun going slow' collection, RWD, FWD and 4x4 and all under 1000kgs

Mazda MX-5 Mk1

TVOHlxC9Sz-TubkE_6DRGQ?w=1200&h=675&fm=webp&auto=compress&lossless=true&fit=crop&crop=faces

dsc_7455_1.jpg

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

The future is in going fast slowly. No, that's not a typo.

Totally agree with that. Especially when driving on the road.

When I go run some errands, I have more fun sending it on a Mini Cooper than driving a GT3 at 20% of its capabilities (and yet going faster than in the Mini...).

16 minutes ago, SP72 said:

I have disturbing levels of ‘want’ for an LC500 - especially in green and tan.

There's something about those, isn't there...?

My curiosity is piqued by the 5.0 as it's got a stonking n/a V8 in a car which looks unusual (but I like) and I suspect is engineered rather well.

22 minutes ago, EJH911 said:

There's something about those, isn't there...?

My curiosity is piqued by the 5.0 as it's got a stonking n/a V8 in a car which looks unusual (but I like) and I suspect is engineered rather well.

I think so - I can’t recall ever seeing one on the road, plus the noise sounds epic on most videos.

The rear 3 qtr view I still struggle with slightly, but the front and front 3 qtr view gets my 👍🏼👍🏼 for sure

25 minutes ago, SP72 said:

I think so - I can’t recall ever seeing one on the road, plus the noise sounds epic on most videos.

The rear 3 qtr view I still struggle with slightly, but the front and front 3 qtr view gets my 👍🏼👍🏼 for sure

I agree with you re: the rear 3/4....but I can accept that as the price of something that looks different.  I have only seen a couple on the road (unsurprisingly on the southern gulf coast of Florida) and really liked them.  Not enough to buy one...yet...but never say never!

Another car, at the other end of Toyota's range which I find myself drawn towards is this:

toyotagryaris1.jpg.7128c50242ff6f137d5c44171924b79c.jpg

I have no need, space or remaining funds to buy, store or use one...but I think it looks like a terrific package.

Edited by EJH911
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, World Citizen said:

This will divide drool worthy opinion, think I'd choose one over a R8 V10, they seem quite reliable from what I can find out, would have to be a manual coupe in black 

lamborghini-gallardo-v10-coupe-S4265942-2.jpg

PH commentary 

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spottedykywt/lamborghini-gallardo---the-brave-pill/43339

3 hours ago, SP72 said:

This set me off Lamborghini drooling, I'm sure in no time something else will come along that catches my eye and I'll be lusting after that

14 hours ago, SP72 said:

I have disturbing levels of ‘want’ for an LC500 - especially in green and tan.

I had a pretty decent poke about one of these last year before I went all sensible. It’s utterly gorgeous and the engine is magnificent. Unfortunately the infotainment makes me want to punch someone in the throat.