Things I'm currently drooling over

carreracat

1 minute ago, Wingnonut said:

Seems quite a character from his extensive description!

I’ve been there a few times, I think Anil looked at a Merc there too. A genuine enthusiastic - some sales bumph in what he says, but they’re always above average examples.

Check out the previous cars he’s dealt with:http://www.danielcurnock.co.uk/forsale/

1 hour ago, SP72 said:

£500 each!  I’d get some style 5 on there ASAP 

Yup. My dad had an E23 732i in the nineties. The car was worth maybe €2500 and a full set of tyres was almost as much as the car! Unfortunately Italian regs meant that you couldn’t fit alternate sizes so you were stuck with TRXs. He subsequently scrapped it for an Alfa 145, I am yet to forgive him (although the 7 series was well buggered by that time).

1 hour ago, SP72 said:

I’ve been there a few times, I think Anil looked at a Merc there too. A genuine enthusiastic - some sales bumph in what he says, but they’re always above average examples.

Check out the previous cars he’s dealt with:http://www.danielcurnock.co.uk/forsale/

My young teenage just learning to drive son has fallen in love 😍with the Volvo 240 

I now don't think I'm his real daddy! 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wingnonut said:

1986 928 S2 manual with 95kmiles for £5995! That must have been a while ago 😞

He had a run in with one of his 928s with the owner of EssVeePee - he’s a solicitor, which helped smooth the way forward...

9 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Do you know what, me too. I like that they do their own thing rather than follow the 'scene'. 

RWB has sooo many haters and I get that but when he tones it down, bins the aerofoils and puts the arches on without chewing gum and pop rivets then they can look really good.

Also, check out the love that has gone into that 'zorst.

rwb.JPG

zorst.JPG

On 06/12/2020 at 17:55, World Citizen said:

After much searching and finding the one, an immaculate luxury land yacht in the right colour with all the options and some, the sale fell through as the seller wasn't true to his word 😪 

Now searching from the other end of my drool list so really interested to see what this goes for  https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1987-fiat-panda-4x4 

NO RESERVE: 1987 FIAT PANDA 4X4

Sold for £12,455 inc. premium 😲 

On 09/12/2020 at 07:47, runnersp said:

That CSI is a truly beautiful thing, but those TRX tyres. What were they thinking?

Thing is though, why wouldn't you just get a "regular" 635 Highline with the auto box for about 20-40% of that asking price and accept it for what it is - a soft, cuddly, Labrador of a classic car that you can cruise about in wearing your string back gloves and making nice 6 cylinder noises and a sh!t ton of emissions.  Why is that car £50k?  The gearbox?  You could only justify that ahead of say a 996 GT3v2 on some deeply weird and emotional classic attachment.  Or any number of £50k alternatives. 

I have clearly lost my classic car mojo 😞 

2 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

Negative stuff 

Because it comes from a time when M stood for Motorsport, not Marketing*

*stole this from somewhere, apologies if it was from here :) 

I've always loved the alfa 105 guilias but £50K for a 71 1300 is bonkers (IMHO) - these weren't low volume exotica in period.

Still pricey but would far rather have this https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1245870 and £10K change!

23 minutes ago, topcarrera said:

I've always loved the alfa 105 guilias but £50K for a 71 1300 is bonkers (IMHO) - these weren't low volume exotica in period.

Still pricey but would far rather have this https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1245870 and £10K change!

agree on both statements, have long loved the 105 but the prices are mental for what was once a family saloon car with a bit of grunt (for the time). Even the Fulvias are daft money now unless you get a base model.

4 hours ago, topcarrera said:

Its about rarity with 105's - very few 1300's have survived as they all got turned into twin spark, wide body Gta/m replicas so I guess that drives prices. I have a very early 1750 Mk1 flat  front (possibly the third oldest in the UK) but I doubt its worth more than £35-40k

I met a guy a few years ago with a Fulvia who said an early 1750 would be the only thing he would swap for his ! - they are fwd after  all!

The Alfas are fantastic little things and when set up well can cover the ground really quickly. Had a few cracking tracks days at Goodworth back in the pre-plague era  !

Andy

1 hour ago, runnersp said:

It’s ended up in the collection of a fella I follow on Instagram. He’s got numerous wonderful cars and now has a crap Fiat too.

Can you share the link

Personally I'd love a Fiat Panda 4x4, would be a hoot for short local trips in the mountains, wouldn't want to crash into anything bigger than pigeon though as I might get hurt

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Personally I'd love a Fiat Panda 4x4, would be a hoot for short local trips in the mountains, wouldn't want to crash into anything bigger than pigeon though as I might get hurt

Not sure about paying that much for a runaround 😋

for the previous few years (prior to 2020/CV19 we have rented a house in Tuscany for our family summer holiday. It is my favourite place in the world for spending time with my family and always dream about what it would be like living there full time. It is up a 3km dirt track to the top of the hill above a typical medieval Tuscan village and part of my dream was a 4x4 Panda to run down the track to get the daily provisions.

There are three other properties up the track and they all have Suzuki SJ410s with the soft top permanently removed. Looks like the locals have the right idea!

Photo of daughter no.1 and the house just cos it has got me remembering 😢

C2763B14-4701-4988-A22A-48E3CEBD9A0F.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

It is my favourite place in the world .... and always dream about what it would be like living there full time.

Does it have an internet connection? ;)

A fair few people at work have moved well away from London given the new WFH dynamic. I'm effectively doing a job that would typically be done by someone from our US office (I start later and finish later). Although WFH from a different country does have tax implications...