Things I'm currently drooling over

carreracat

Oh wow, that EB110 has aged well. I always thought it looked a bit odd and lacking in the style department when compared to the F1s and XJ220s of the era.  How opinions change!! 

48 minutes ago, Phill said:

I'm not drooling but I thought @Dr Rock might like a dribble....

Parked outside year round, around the corner from me, in lovely condition.

LOL - too early for me, but looks very nice! :smiley-good-post-sign:

A great project and I love the Barry White touch. To be a proper sleeper it would need much more than 400hp though. People are too used to powerful Mercedes. The next person could turn that into an awesome machine, great fun.

9 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I looked after one of these for a friend who was traveling for a few month just before lockdown. It was great and got me looking for one for myself. Kids loved it! Even the wife did. 

I must be alone in finding Mercs so dull <_<  only variants I ever found interesting were the gullwing 300sel, E190 and top end AMG's with their burbling v8's the rest are cruisers for fat businessman :D

oh and this because its nuts ...

1602510194_redpig.thumb.jpg.88661b1a63aae080feffedf12700707f.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It would scare me to buy such a heavily modified car, wonder why they didn't start with a 930 in the first place?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1989-porsche-911-carrera-3-2-super-sport-turbo-custom

34 minutes ago, Barty said:

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It would scare me to buy such a heavily modified car, wonder why they didn't start with a 930 in the first place?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1989-porsche-911-carrera-3-2-super-sport-turbo-custom

The modifications were done many years ago and judging by the mileage, it seems to have been well used and stood the test of time. But here-in lays the potential issue, what are the state of the mechanic today and, with any IB of this age what is the bodywork like.

To me it would warrant a good inspection and a careful thumb through the supporting documentation, with only 3 days left to achieve maybe a tad difficult.

If it all stacks up that’ll be an amazing car, it’ll be interesting to see the final price – does it have a reserve?

13 minutes ago, Boydyrs said:

I would disagree with the Mercedes statement re handling etc as this is on rails

E4ECD195-213B-4600-95EE-6E868906D3E2.jpeg

That looks like a fine beast and in a lovely eye catching 🙂 

On 20/02/2021 at 12:07, Barty said:

... wonder why they didn't start with a 930 in the first place?

Because if you are rebuilding with new Ps&Cs anyway and aiming for big hp and throttle response, you keep more of a Carrera engine than you do of a 930 engine - ie., you keep intake, injection, heads.  Start with a 930 and you junk pretty much everything bar the case and oil pump.  Of course, may just be what the original owner had at the time.

• Like 1