Things I'm currently drooling over

carreracat

16 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I'm really considering, designing and having made a F1 version made from carbon fibre with titanium wheels 😎

An early one I hope as something like a Maserati 4CL would be a better hand fit than modern F1 cars.

56 minutes ago, Fred said:

Looks different than the other Singer cars. What is it based on? New engine? 

That’s a DLS - with the Williams engine etc. It’s quite a piece of engineering and only 1.8million…. 

13 hours ago, Northy said:

That’s a DLS - with the Williams engine etc. It’s quite a piece of engineering and only 1.8million…. 

Nice. Looks better than the first one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Beaky said:

Not sure why but I think this is cool, perhaps a nice change from the usual yanks.......................

Back in the late ‘80’s when I was 18 and still at home, a neighbour of ours was good friends with Gary Newman. He often used to visit and once came round in his purple boat tail Rivera. I came home from the pub a little worse for wear saw it and was mesmerised!  He came out to leave to find me sitting on the curb just staring at it taking it all in. I told him I loved his car. He just laughed, said cheers, jumped in and drove off. Think I was too drunk to be star struck (or be offered a sit in it!)😊 

• Like 1

A real blast from the past, reminded me of Boulevard Blues: a project car of Street Machine magazine. Candy blue low rider with white interior and sound to light roof lining. It was acceptable in the Eighties...

10 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

Back in the late ‘80’s when I was 18 and still at home, a neighbour of ours was good friends with Gary Newman. He often used to visit and once came round in his purple boat tail Rivera. I came home from the pub a little worse for wear saw it and was mesmerised!  He came out to leave to find me sitting on the curb just staring at it taking it all in. I told him I loved his car. He just laughed, said cheers, jumped in and drove off. Think I was too drunk to be star struck (or be offered a sit in it!)😊 

Haha, Gary Numan!    He used to live in a sleepy nearby village tucked away in the Sussex countryside with a really nice pub.   He moved to L.A. saying Sussex was 'full of thugs' and 'too rough' for him.  

This has been a constant source of amusement in our household, we always have to remember to pack our pepper spray and not carry cash whenever we go for a drink. I mean, just look at the place....

image.jpeg.07aa9b7866ca779987d5b1f85fb9183f.jpeg