Things I'm currently drooling over

carreracat

I had a k-series Superlight which I used on track maybe 12 times a year for 4 years as well as doing big road trips in it. Drove to Gibraltar with no helmet and an aero screen! It only had 135bhp but it I knew it so well it didn’t matter. That said since selling I have hired a few through BookaTrack, first a Duratec R400 and then a race R300 and the power is addictive. Upgraditus is a constant battle when you have one 😎

I loved it and only sold when my first daughter was born as I ran out of time to use it as I had been. Always said I would go back to one some day until the 3.2 came along. Would still have one (I think it would have to be a 420R) but not as my only “toy” car. Keep stopping myself going down to Crawley to have a mooch about and chat with them. 

The owners forum Blatchat was just as friendly and helpful as IB (the only one that I have found to be).

• Like 1

I had a 325i back in the day. Was one of my favourite cars for years. Cracking motor and nice size/shape overall. Did nearly kill myself when I threw it into a corner like I had my previous rwd cars and the overly (to me) sensitive power steering almost caught me out,  sawing the wheel like a loon to hold on :lol: I used to stand my tea on that flat top manifold and the engine was so smooth it wouldn't ripple the tea.  :cool: Great cars.

@wingnonut, thanks for the info, I would definitely suffer a dose of upgradeitus hence why thinking best jump in at a 420R as the only way up from there is a mental 620R :wacko::D  The 360R was pretty fast too though. Been in a k-series but didn't find it quite 'fast enough' for my biker brain liking albeit it'd destroy most cars on the road. Might go try a r400 or similar though.

1 hour ago, njpcarrera32 said:

Just spotted this on ebay, has a certain French chic, coupled with Pininfarina Italian style.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-504-V6-Coupe-1977/233672458097?hash=item3667f6bf71:g:iIEAAOSwOVlfKusB

s-l1600.jpg

Lovely things those - I've seen a couple in use in France recently and was surprised how small they looked 

1 hour ago, Lesworth said:

Spotted For Sale - Peugeot 504 Pick Up, St Ives - AutoShite - Autoshite

During my student days, had a 504 pickup company vehicle during a summer job - cutting grass on a Royal Ordnance Site.

Less than 3 years old and suffering from terminal rot - upper shock mounts almost rotted through on rear chassis, sills and rear rear panel all disintegrating.

Prior to my short term relationship, I thought they were indestructible but managed to snap a half shaft, the fuse for the heater coil continually jumped out of the holder, strong odor of diesel and just a disappointing experience.

I doubt that 30+ years will have done anything to improve these things.    

Please don't shoot me or call Age Concern but other than the 5.3m length this is a very practical choice for my next car

Sensible option would be an Audi A8L W12 but this is very drool worthy

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BENTLEY-CONTINENTAL-6-0-W12-552-BHP-FLYING-SPUR-AUTO/333532925881?hash=item4da81c8fb9:g:k6cAAOSwRXJcmjCi

• Like 1

Not quite, don't fancy long haul flights, so family road trips for us and I really want Mrs WC deserves a bit of luxury

Bentley is lovely but I think something a little more bland like an A8, S Class or Lexus would blend in better with local traffic as we want to explore beyond Europe

On my commute home I even caught myself planning out a sumptuous luxurious interior for my old Toyota while leaving the derelict look exterior untouched 🤔