Things I'm currently drooling over

carreracat

1 hour ago, Richard Bernau said:

Fairly faithful 934.5 bodywork.  Assume its watercooled?  Its probably a weapon.

Yeah still kettle based, a wolf in a wolf suit!

I bet its a scream to drive.

On 05/03/2021 at 11:28, Richard Bernau said:

Apologies in advance.  This thing is wrong in many ways, but its also kind of cool.

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2021-04-17/cars/ref-51-2005-porsche-911-997-carrera-rothmans-tribute-sb/ 

Must confess I struggle with that one. Take a leggy (120K miles) 997.1 tiptronic and spend big ££££ on panels and expect to get 6 figures at auction? I just don't get it. But it wouldn't be the first time! 😁

Sold for £62.7K in 2019 - https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2019-03-02/cars/ref-30-2005-porsche-911-997-rothmans-tribute/

Edited by sopor

On 08/03/2021 at 11:29, sopor said:

Must confess I struggle with that one. Take a leggy (120K miles) 997.1 tiptronic and spend big ££££ on panels and expect to get 6 figures at auction? I just don't get it. But it wouldn't be the first time! 😁

Sold for £62.7K in 2019 - https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2019-03-02/cars/ref-30-2005-porsche-911-997-rothmans-tribute/

We'll know that the world has gone mad if it makes more than that this time. It can't be that great to drive as it's only done 400 miles in the last 2 years.

6 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Some really nice stuff here. 

On one trip to SPA I was lucky to be in the company of a Ferrari Dino and a 997 GT3 RS.  With my IB all three cars were a wonderful sight to see, but whilst the GT3 was mega quick and agile, the Dino was very very slow and a bit agricultural - I’d still have one though!

2 hours ago, runnersp said:

I care not a fig about the association with a known Colombian marching powder entrepreneur, the car itself however is glorious. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/pablo-escobars-iconic-ultra-rare-1974-porsche-911-rsr-is-for-sale-157266.html

Love that. I'd put icing sugar on my nostrils every time I drove it to freak out anyone that knew! When I win the lottery, I'm buying that car 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

In today's world, 1 of 15 with that sort of history and being an IROC car it is almost that is seems cheap at $2m! (cant believe I am saying that!)

Good thing is the Pound is strong. I make it around £1.57m. Bargain. When you get it, can I have a go? 

59 minutes ago, Busybee said:

It’s lovely but those Twinspark racing stickers are likely to knock a few k off the price 

I thought they we're some sort of logo for a fertility clinic 🤔

Edited by World Citizen
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, carreracat said:

Yep, I know this one fairly well.  Its had a ton of money thrown at it and lots of the right parts.  Absolute bargain at anything under 6 figures.

14 hours ago, Busybee said:

It’s lovely but those Twinspark racing stickers are likely to knock a few k off the price 

They are R-Gruppe Bergmeister stickers, signalling the car has been on Bergmeister events.  Daisy had those at one point as well.

7 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

They are R-Gruppe Bergmeister stickers, signalling the car has been on Bergmeister events.  Daisy had those at one point as well.

She still has a huge one under the bonnet and a couple of little ones on the rear quarter lights. Twinspark - https://www.twinsparkracing.com/ - Same wiggly fertility clinic logo 

I bet its great to drive, but "there is a small (but typical) 911 oil drip when left standing"

Mine has never dripped oil in all my years of ownership, even before my rebuild!

4 hours ago, Beaky said:

I bet its great to drive, but "there is a small (but typical) 911 oil drip when left standing"

Mine has never dripped oil in all my years of ownership, even before my rebuild!

Likewise, but it smokes well on startup from cold.🚬

On 11/03/2021 at 15:25, Beaky said:

Consider the drip as an active 'weight saving' feature 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I bought myself something, much want for this.....

Kikkerland Pizza Racer Pizza Cutter

I heard Conti’s are better than Bridgestones for slicing through dough 🤪