Things I'm currently drooling over

carreracat

2 hours ago, GrahamTompkins said:

Interesting advert and a stunning rare car 

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11473053

Chris at GCR Porsche has one of these alongside other more classic BMWs.  I had a drive in it not long after he acquired it, a very nice, tight, compact and quick package.  Shame this one won’t be used due to the mileage.

On 04/05/2021 at 07:57, Jonny Hart said:

He moved to L.A. saying Sussex was 'full of thugs' and 'too rough' for him.  

Was this just after having an altercation with an inebriated @Wingnonut?

40 minutes ago, Fred said:

80k for a 1serie?

I agree. Its a nuts price for a 1 series, as rare as it is.

4 hours ago, Fred said:

80k for a 1serie?

Yes I agree Fred, but that one is really a museum piece and probably will remain unused.They tend to go for £40-£50k with higher mileage and it’s their rarity in RHD form that makes them collectible.The 1M  is I guess .not really a 1series but the precursor to the M2 and the mass down market replacement was the M135i in hatchback form and the M235i in coupe form, but neither are proper M cars or particularly rare or collectible. Sadly BMW devalued the M by sticking the M suffix on all their cars, simply putting body styling and badges on  and a price premium to boot. Quite clever marketing though 

The market is moving.  On my CSL owners group I keep hearing owners turning down what I would have described as silly offers over the last 2 months in particular.  Some are bullishly talking £100k for average mileage cars.  There is a lot more unobtanium in a CSL than a 1M (all the carbon stuff and interior parts), but still, the general price level feels high to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lesworth said:

I quite like the appeal of these 😎

Been looking at old ones of  these for years and now they are selling them again in UK after not for that last 10 years. At £12k I am tempted.