Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

anglophone1

Clock delete- oil pressure light- any other ideas?

Posted (edited)

Hi all

Anyone done this?

There is a Patrick Motorsports kit available - USD 60 and then USD100 shipping!

And anyway I want an orange light - not a red one.....

Stuttgart Classica were selling kit too- no longer.

Currently thinking of mounting a Hillman imp amber indicator light onto a Rothsport clock delete plug - but they are nearly USD 50 for a piece of plastic.

Open to other cool ideas- I don’t really use the clock, I have a race battery so always use disconnect switch- so clock is always wrong!

Anyone?

Thanks

Clive

Edited by anglophone1

I have a cold air vent in mine.  It’s got a Ford swivelling vent in it; perfect fit. 

Posted (edited)

Cool idea 😀 is there a duct to it as well- if so from where?

Edited by anglophone1

This was an old mod back in the day - never thought it looked all that good...

I have a genuine RSR clock delete blank in mine. That looks pretty good.

I bought this from someone on here ages ago thinking I might delete the clock but never got around to it and now I'm sure I won't do it. I paid a tenner I think. Yours for a tenner posted if you think you want to go that way.

IMG_20200510_155130.thumb.jpg.9475a287fa5399746e1ee6693ec1b03f.jpg

IMG_20200510_155139.thumb.jpg.274c50e40f070fa88ca149619e5bf23a.jpg

IMG_20200510_155144.thumb.jpg.f36eeb6f843a09993427cc11abce202c.jpg

Sorry , make that £13, postage to Ireland is silly money!!

36 minutes ago, anglophone1 said:

Cool idea 😀 is there a duct to it as well- if so from where?

Think its a MK7 Fiesta fresh air vent , dunno re ducting

Agreed- postage to Ireland IS silly money!  Happy with GBP 13 though- I’ll PM you with address and you reply with PayPal info?

thx

Clive

Just now, anglophone1 said:

Agreed- postage to Ireland IS silly money!  Happy with GBP 13 though- I’ll PM you with address and you reply with PayPal info?

thx

Clive

Yes, that's fine.

3 hours ago, anglophone1 said:

Hi all

Anyone done this?

Currently thinking of mounting a Hillman imp amber indicator light onto a Rothsport clock delete plug - but they are nearly USD 50 for a piece of plastic.

Open to other cool ideas- I don’t really use the clock, I have a race battery so always use disconnect switch- so clock is always wrong!

Anyone?

Thanks

Clive

3 hours ago, anglophone1 said:

Hi all

Anyone done this?

Anyone?

Thanks

Clive

Rev limit light.   You can drive it straight off the red wire in our CDI+ box.  

Have to admit, I don’t understand clock deletes.  You lose the Classic 5 dial symmetry, one of the most recognisable features on these cars.

And replace it with Fiesta part or a 50p bung? 🤭

If ventilation is poor, maybe fit one of the Achtung Kraft under dash vent re-directors and keep the clock in place.

Hollywood Speedo do some funky stuff (at great cost, no doubt) but would keep the symmetry intact - and my OCD satisfied

https://www.nhspeedometer.com/911

55 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Have to admit, I don’t understand clock deletes.  You lose the Classic 5 dial symmetry, one of the most recognisable features on these cars.

And replace it with Fiesta part or a 50p bung? 🤭

Me too, I like all 5 dials, its all part of its DNA............

I’d say that guy in wales come come up with some cool ideas to replace it.

clock when you want it, Rev limiter, oil light 

he could probably build multifunctions into it

Covid detector?

Fever-Picture.jpg

As sat nav would be pretty cool in place of the clock. Something switchable. Like on the 981 boxsters/caymans. Nice kit that 👌 That bloke down in South Wales would sell quite a few I’d imagine 

On 10/05/2020 at 17:59, SP72 said:

Hollywood Speedo do some funky stuff (at great cost, no doubt) but would keep the symmetry intact - and my OCD satisfied

https://www.nhspeedometer.com/911

I had NHS make me a three-piece gauge to replace two of mine so I am still symmetrical. Five dials is overkill on a lightweight and who needs a clock!

Orange Triple Gauge John Glynn.jpg

Ohh I do like that!!

Posted (edited)

Ha ha @johndglynn - thought you didn't like the old back in the day vent mod? there it is in your dash 😂

The tacho and triple gauges are 👌

Edited by Northy

Posted (edited)
On 10/05/2020 at 17:59, SP72 said:

Have to admit, I don’t understand clock deletes.

🤭

You never tracked your car though did you Shirish. If you did you'd understand ;)

Edited by GaryH

I have one you can have Phill