Gaz rear shock absorbers

Does anyone have nay feedback on Gaz rear shock absorbers?

Was thinking of ordering a pair of yellow Sports from Matt to go with my 26mm T bars, then noticed the price of the Gaz adjustables and the proximity of their shop to my office.

I'm sure I remember Richard (RB) saying he tried some several years back?

Jason

Nope, built is there much saving over Boges or Billies?

KYB do some too, IIRC - has these on fitted to my old Lexus, made in Japan, top quality.

Price confirmed, plus I can get less 25% through my Limited Company. Total £157.56 for the pair.

5 week lead time to manufacture.

Still need to find some feedback first, as they don't seem popular on 911's.

Edited by hagarep

Personal feedback from GAZ is good, not based on 911 though i'm afraid.  Mate has GAZ coilovers on his track Elise S1, which handle great.  Their customer service is also excellent.  He sent them off for refurb, they didn't deem them salvageable and offered him new replacements for an extremely competitive price.

Also, we have just purchased a set of GAZ supercups for our track car.  I didn't even realise they did shocks for 911s.. :steering:

I run these on the rear of my SC - standard front TB's with Sport green shocks & 26mm rear TB's.

Always found them to be very good. The basic compression adjustment is fine for track days and allows you to make changes to suit temperature and track conditions.

Mine have spherical bearings in the lower links. If you are contemplating any historic motorsport events then you would need to request standard metalastic bushes.

The gold zinc finish is not particularly durable and would certainly not survive many UK winters but Gaz offer a full rebuild and service facility so refinishing shouldn't be a problem.