New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

Busybee

Anglesey 2020 - Exclusively Air Cooled track day event

Hi all. Looking at organising a track day at Anglesey for Friday 25th September. Exclusively air cooled cars. Restricted to 36 cars maximum. 105dB noise limit (I'm guessing they're pretty relaxed for a private event). Will hopefully be hosted by the track themselves. Price is £250/car (if I can get it cheaper, will be passing the discount back to everyone). 

If you're interested, please send me your phone number and email address. In speaking to the track, they might set up a private web page for us and an online booking system. But with Covid 19, they are currently unsure when things will start up again. Fingers crossed. 

Air Cooled Anglesey.jpg

Saw this on the FB page. Doubt I’ll have the exhaust replaced by that point, never mind back on the road, so won’t be able to make it.

BB tried to PM you. Your inbox is full?

3 minutes ago, Chris T said:

BB tried to PM you. Your inbox is full?

Thanks for letting me know. Just cleared a few old conversations 👍

Would you mind if I cross posted this at DDK?

There will definitely be people there infested in this.

Also Porsche Club Ireland- Anglesey works for us!

clive

6 hours ago, anglophone1 said:

Would you mind if I cross posted this at DDK?

There will definitely be people there infested in this.

Also Porsche Club Ireland- Anglesey works for us!

clive

Hi Clive. Not at all. Please share away and many thanks. Have 30 spaces and trying to keep it totally air cooled. Please bear in mind it’s all a bit up in the air at the moment as the track are not open yet but they did sound quite positive about 25th September last time I spoke to them.

Cheers

Haith

Yup. I need car stuff to look forward to 👍🚗. Fingers crossed. Be a great day if it happens. Only exclusive Porsche air cooled track day I know of.

hi bb,in yorkshire on holiday then so will come over for the day to watch ,if i get my throttle bodies by then i’ll book it and bring the car.

Would be all over this but the delayed IB euro road trip (and lack of work!) means I can’t commit yet. 

Ahh be great to have you join in guys. Need some proper hardcore IB guys there whizzing round 

Hi Busybee

I was in the middle of sending you a pm............and the thought occurred............that maybe there was something else on that weekend......(apart from wedding anniversary on 25th!!)........

Having checked the ‘Motorsports’ wall planner (hidden under the non-Motorsports wall planner) ........I’m booked in for the ‘Deja vu Ireland West’ event that weekend!!!

So......I am sorry but I won’t be able to make it this time, however, I think an air cooled track day is a great idea.......and you can definitely put me down for the next one!!

Keep Her Lit 🚙💨 

8 minutes ago, McLooper said:

Hi Busybee

I was in the middle of sending you a pm............and the thought occurred............that maybe there was something else on that weekend......(apart from wedding anniversary on 25th!!)........

Having checked the ‘Motorsports’ wall planner (hidden under the non-Motorsports wall planner) ........I’m booked in for the ‘Deja vu Ireland West’ event that weekend!!!

So......I am sorry but I won’t be able to make it this time, however, I think an air cooled track day is a great idea.......and you can definitely put me down for the next one!!

Keep Her Lit 🚙💨 

No worries. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy 👍

Gents, having arranged a bunch of these over the years can I suggest you only post if you’re likely to commit, otherwise the thread will fill up with noise and the organiser will be constantly trying to figure out who’s doing what. We’re all adults, so no need to massage the BB’s ego by saying “I’d love to come but...blah, blah, etc etc. Thanks.

VT