Exclusively Porsche track day event: Sept 12 or 13

Busybee

Hi all. Looking at organising a track day at Anglesey for Friday 25th September. Exclusively air cooled cars. Restricted to 36 cars maximum. 105dB noise limit (I'm guessing they're pretty relaxed for a private event). Will hopefully be hosted by the track themselves. Price is £250/car (if I can get it cheaper, will be passing the discount back to everyone). 

If you're interested, please send me your phone number and email address. In speaking to the track, they might set up a private web page for us and an online booking system. But with Covid 19, they are currently unsure when things will start up again. Fingers crossed. 

Air Cooled Anglesey.jpg

Saw this on the FB page. Doubt I’ll have the exhaust replaced by that point, never mind back on the road, so won’t be able to make it.

• johndglynn changed the title to Anglesey 2020 - Exclusively Air Cooled track day event

Would you mind if I cross posted this at DDK?

There will definitely be people there infested in this.

Also Porsche Club Ireland- Anglesey works for us!

clive

6 hours ago, anglophone1 said:

Would you mind if I cross posted this at DDK?

There will definitely be people there infested in this.

Also Porsche Club Ireland- Anglesey works for us!

clive

Hi Clive. Not at all. Please share away and many thanks. Have 30 spaces and trying to keep it totally air cooled. Please bear in mind it’s all a bit up in the air at the moment as the track are not open yet but they did sound quite positive about 25th September last time I spoke to them.

Cheers

Haith

Hi Busybee

I was in the middle of sending you a pm............and the thought occurred............that maybe there was something else on that weekend......(apart from wedding anniversary on 25th!!)........

Having checked the ‘Motorsports’ wall planner (hidden under the non-Motorsports wall planner) ........I’m booked in for the ‘Deja vu Ireland West’ event that weekend!!!

So......I am sorry but I won’t be able to make it this time, however, I think an air cooled track day is a great idea.......and you can definitely put me down for the next one!!

Keep Her Lit 🚙💨 

8 minutes ago, McLooper said:

Hi Busybee

I was in the middle of sending you a pm............and the thought occurred............that maybe there was something else on that weekend......(apart from wedding anniversary on 25th!!)........

Having checked the ‘Motorsports’ wall planner (hidden under the non-Motorsports wall planner) ........I’m booked in for the ‘Deja vu Ireland West’ event that weekend!!!

So......I am sorry but I won’t be able to make it this time, however, I think an air cooled track day is a great idea.......and you can definitely put me down for the next one!!

Keep Her Lit 🚙💨 

No worries. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy 👍

Gents, having arranged a bunch of these over the years can I suggest you only post if you’re likely to commit, otherwise the thread will fill up with noise and the organiser will be constantly trying to figure out who’s doing what. We’re all adults, so no need to massage BB’s ego by saying “I’d love to come but...blah, blah, etc etc. Thanks.

VT

• 2 months later...

Resurrecting this thread further to a new spurt of enthusiasm. I've spoken to a track day organiser who will run it for us exclusively. Open pit lane. Have dates currently available.

12th or 13th September. 

£250 per car. 

I'm trying to keep it exclusively air cooled but may need a few water pumpers in on the gig to make it happen. Exclusively Porsche then :)

anglesey.jpg

Edited by Busybee
  • Like 1

• johndglynn changed the title to Exclusively Porsche track day event: Sept 12 or 13
17 minutes ago, Jamesy said:

Replied on FB - keen but only October date works for me I'm afraid.

Hi James. There just doesn't seem to be the appetite unfortunately. I really need solid numbers with guys willing to put up the cash up front. Its a fair amount of money to hire the circuit and it'll all be on me if I don't get the numbers. 

My pal and I are thinking to just book one of the September dates and forget the exclusive track day. Be a lovely break at a great circuit and means we can spend a couple of evenings on the beer with a bit of track stuff in between. Kerching! 

23 hours ago, Busybee said:

Hi James. There just doesn't seem to be the appetite unfortunately. I really need solid numbers with guys willing to put up the cash up front. Its a fair amount of money to hire the circuit and it'll all be on me if I don't get the numbers. 

My pal and I are thinking to just book one of the September dates and forget the exclusive track day. Be a lovely break at a great circuit and means we can spend a couple of evenings on the beer with a bit of track stuff in between. Kerching! 

Don't blame you at all! I've not had the chance to pedal round Anglesey, but I hear its fantastic for aircooled cars! I've did a number of days in my old 996TT.. but not the chance to experience my backdate in anger. 

I'll try and get over to another date, probably early next year. :) 

22 minutes ago, Jamesy said:

Don't blame you at all! I've not had the chance to pedal round Anglesey, but I hear its fantastic for aircooled cars! I've did a number of days in my old 996TT.. but not the chance to experience my backdate in anger. 

I'll try and get over to another date, probably early next year. :) 

If you decide to do a day there, let me know. Be good to have another aircooled car out on track. 

I was lucky enough to get a passenger ride in a 4.0 litre air cooled porker at Anglesey. It was simply stunning. My first track experience in an air cooled car and I just loved it. It was such a good circuit for aircooled cars. Not too long on the straights so as to be left wanting and an incredibly good workout for the agility of the car. Deffo doing it in one of mine :)

https://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/Anglesey
Think we’re going on Saturday the 12th September. Travel up through Wales on Friday afternoon. Stay in a B&B Friday and Saturday night. Beer, curry, track. Travel back Sunday. If anyone fancies it, give me a shout. Be great to get some IBs on track together. 

its a cracking looking track and kudos to Haith for trying to organise a day there. :ani_clapping:  I just cant commit to it this year with all that's happened/still going on. It would make a good adventure for a full weekend or few days as its a 6hr+ trip each way just for me to get there! But with an IB posse for evening beers and banter it would make the trip more worthwhile. Maybe try again next year when hopefully we all get a less disruptive year. 

8 hours ago, reddevil said:

Racing at Pembrey that weekend, which is a shame as I have credit with Javelin for a day....

Ahh bugga. That's only down the road from me too so I could've come to cheer you on. Next time

5 hours ago, MarkJ said:

its a cracking looking track and kudos to Haith for trying to organise a day there. :ani_clapping:  I just cant commit to it this year with all that's happened/still going on. It would make a good adventure for a full weekend or few days as its a 6hr+ trip each way just for me to get there! But with an IB posse for evening beers and banter it would make the trip more worthwhile. Maybe try again next year when hopefully we all get a less disruptive year. 

Its a brill track Mark. That passenger ride in the 4.0 was just spectacular. Found a hotel nearby at £120 a head for two nights inc breakfast. Drive up through Wales, beer, bit of grub. Champion. My kind of weekend :)