Exclusively Porsche track day event: Sept 12 or 13

Busybee

On 28/08/2020 at 21:26, reddevil said:

Not racing at Pembrey now, just cancelled!

Tell me more about Anglesey.

Booked Sunday 13th. Hotel Sat night is £54 inc breakfast. If you fancy it, give me a shout and maybe we can drive up together from Crossgates. 

So, the organisers emailed yesterday to say that due to Covid restrictions, the track day format has been changed from open pit lane to 30min sessions. Bit peed off they left it so late as there's not been a change of govt guidelines in Wales recently. 

Are session track days any fun? I've only done a handful and those were all open pit lane. I have it in my head that sessions means everyone rushing out together every 30 minutes and staying out as long as possible as it shuts again. Was hoping for a relaxed day where I can come in and out as I want. Quiet track

They're offering a full refund on cancellation but half of me thinks get on with it. Be fun anyway. Seasoned tracker opinions welcomed 

Edited by Busybee

Sessioned days usually have 2 or 3 groups going out alternately. You are allocated a group at sign up.

30 min sessions would indicate 2 groups, 20 min sessions 3 groups, but you should check.

Sessions are fine.

Mark

• Like 1

Its a covid thing Graham. Guess its that way or no way. Besides, think it'll be the last TD for quite some time.

I'm in. Meeting @Wingnonut and he's plotted a 4hr blat through North Wales. Beer, Grub, Track, Home. Sounds like a good weekend to me . I'll try to take some pics. 

not a fan of sessioned trackdays must admit, always prefer the open pitlane. But if already booked and not been before, I wouldn't let it put you off. Goodwood is infamous for making it sessioned due to car number restrictions but I still had great fun doing that track. Hopefully they'll group more appropriate cars together rather than a random selection.

Just now, MarkJ said:

not a fan of sessioned trackdays must admit, always prefer the open pitlane. But if already booked and not been before, I wouldn't let it put you off. Goodwood is infamous for making it sessioned due to car number restrictions but I still had great fun doing that track. Hopefully they'll group more appropriate cars together rather than a random selection.

Hope so Mark. I'd much rather an open pit lane but if its rubbish I'll pick up my skirts and chalk it down to experience. Be fun regardless. I'm looking forward to the drive up and down as much as the TD to be honest. Llanberis Pass, Machynleth, Evo Triangle.... 

nice, cant beat a good road trip / trackday combo :) we used to do them here until everyone got old/too precious about their car value :P

If they put you in a duff group of modern euro sh*tboxes you can always have a word with the TDO and get them to swap you into another group, done that before 👍

I'm determined to grow old disgracefully. Louder, faster , maybe a bit fatter lol. Value. Only any good if you sell em right 😅

Thanks. I'll remember the tip about swapping groups. Its only two groups and I've spoken to the TDO. He says that its normally 3 groups of 38. This is being run with 2 groups of a max 30 (but likely a few will pull out due to the open to session change). I'm going posh style on this one. Even have a garage! (mostly cause I thought it might be "humid"). Can't wait :) Should've come Mark.

Fab weekend away. Awesome roads, great little hotel with good food, brill track day, some seriously overheated tyres and a couple of big lock ups, fab drive home. @Wingnonut thanks for your company buddy. Hope you enjoyed as much as me. Photos by Rich. Bring on the next one with track tyres! 

207DBFFF-941A-4376-891D-35CAA3841C3B.jpeg

61B45089-5D62-45C9-A722-073EC305C8D1.jpeg

27ED09AE-630E-4CCC-816A-C4F7F19EE050.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wingnonut said:

It was by far the noisiest car of the day !!!!!

Great weekend all round. That's two 800 air-cooled miles trips to and around Welsh Wales in the past month for me! Who needs Euro Road trips?!😊 (me 😔)

Sounds good Richard. Bout time you moved over from the big smoke - you could buy a whole village in mid Wales and we could all stopover before the drive outs😎

If anyone fancies a quick weeks blast over to Europe, shout. After the weekend driving around Wales and reinforcing how much I love doing all this “stuff”, I just want to do more! 

Edited by Busybee

• 3 years later...