generator/compressor advice.

asm993

Hi. A friend of mine is after a generator so that he can work in his lock up garage. He also wants to be able to inflate tyres but doesnt need something that can run  an airgun or anything else. Can some kind soul point me at something suitable please? Maybe clarke from machine mart? We're just unsure as to what will be sufficiently powerful.  

My mate is 95 and flew Lancasters in ww2 for RAAF. He has two alvis cars including a special he built himself. I very much hope I'm (i) still here at that age and (ii) still enjoying spannering! He's quite the boy!

cheers

Will

hello Roy. He cant get solar in place. No power tools required, just light and to blow up tyres.

he's quite the boy and I keep catching the old bugger chatting up my wife. Also, if anyone has any questions about flying lancasters then just ask away.. He told me you had to be 6ft in height so that you cold get your feet up on the dashboard and get enough leverage to pull the thing into the air. 

I love his style already ;)

I also think a jump pack could be the way to go: charge it at home and take it to the garage. They are around for under £90. Love his style already ;)

Alternatively there are a few of these in varying shapes and sizes that work off 18v drill batteries. Cool and fit under a bonnet.

5100QrPMkIL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

If it’s a generator for regular use buy Honda - reliable, quiet, reliable, efficient, reliable available with electric start and reliable.

I know the £80 job from LidAldi with the fake B&S engine works fine but lean on it for month and see what happens.

As above if it’s just for inflating the odd tyre, the compact 12 volt type are hard to beat. I have a blue Citroen pump (same as the BMW, GM etc) £12 via eBay and it’s lasted for years - done countless tyres, kids inflatables (plug in and go for a drink) and it’s never failed. It struggles in high pressure road bike tyres but is ok upto 70 psi.

If your friend is mounting tyres on rims or fitting stretched rubber on the Alvis then he is going to need something with a decent sized receiver and high volume output.