Stormski Exhaust Stud Jig - alternatives / anyone selling?

Getting ready to order one of the Stormski exhaust stud jigs. Before I do, are there any alternatives to look at, or would anyone happen to have one they’d be interested in selling?

3 broken studs, although one is flush at the moment. 2 studs came out with the nuts.

I invested in one of these a couple of months ago as I wanted to replace exhaust studs in a number of heads. It is a very good kit, not fool proof as you do need to get the pilot hole properly centred. I did try to find an alternative at a lower cost, but could not find one. I have only used it on heads in a vice, but I am sure it will be fine in situ. I have successfully replaced about 6 studs easily and then found either a stainless or welded one that simply would not drill until I bought a sold carbide drill bit that is superb!

I am not thinking of selling though at the moment and bought mine in uk.

Hope this helps.

Ian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Stomski jig worked really well for replacing the studs. Broken ones now removed, replaced with new, and replacement Heat exchangers now on the car.

Once the car is running, and everything seems ok, I’ll be popping the jig up for sale.

• 10 months later...
On 20/07/2020 at 08:34, JLewis said:

The Stomski jig worked really well for replacing the studs. Broken ones now removed, replaced with new, and replacement Heat exchangers now on the car.

Once the car is running, and everything seems ok, I’ll be popping the jig up for sale.

Hi any update on the jig please?