New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

JLewis

Stormski Exhaust Stud Jig - alternatives / anyone selling?

Getting ready to order one of the Stormski exhaust stud jigs. Before I do, are there any alternatives to look at, or would anyone happen to have one they’d be interested in selling?

3 broken studs, although one is flush at the moment. 2 studs came out with the nuts.

Interested as I am getting ready to do the same job.

• Like 1

I invested in one of these a couple of months ago as I wanted to replace exhaust studs in a number of heads. It is a very good kit, not fool proof as you do need to get the pilot hole properly centred. I did try to find an alternative at a lower cost, but could not find one. I have only used it on heads in a vice, but I am sure it will be fine in situ. I have successfully replaced about 6 studs easily and then found either a stainless or welded one that simply would not drill until I bought a sold carbide drill bit that is superb!

I am not thinking of selling though at the moment and bought mine in uk.

Hope this helps.

Ian

• Like 1

Much appreciated @waddy - thank you 😊 

Just ordered one of the Stormski jig kits.

• Like 1