Clarkes temporary garage

So I used my Fathers Day wild card to rope my three daughters into helping put up my new temporary garage. I went for a big one, 7.3m long, for the landy resto so I’ll have storage room for the body tub at the back.

The biggest chore so far has been scraping off dreaded gravel and trying to get surface level enough for intended flooring of plywood sheet.

Looks to be a well enough built thing. Went together well so far and will be bloody big!

671DC8D2-C487-4393-8AE2-CEFD7104EE42.jpeg.2971b4def76fa14c60f440a0ecb36324.jpeg

Welded joints could be straighter in places but shouldn’t affect performance.

39449B4D-EE55-42D5-A4F4-D599F4A10542.jpeg.161d4704f8de0baa51b8a3d6976e50af.jpeg79A3DFBA-ABF5-41A7-BA58-E7CD67DC1959.jpeg.4a557a421a8713cfb506867fe2bffada.jpegFDBA52E8-66D0-4825-88C9-DC1822221BAF.jpeg.f8b06ca15957a5a8b4a6b2e00af7b906.jpeg

Got lucky with weather but not enough to get it all done in one day. Weather permitting should be up tomorrow evening.

I’ll report back when complete and take a few more photos. Comes with ground anchors but I doubt I’ll be able to get them through the hardcore.

Al.

Edited by Flat 6
Felt like it Mate.

2 hours ago, flappa2 said:

I don't think you are currently going to take over WC on the best shed competition but your garden looks fantastic.

Good luck with the resto

Nice stripes on the lawn.

• Haha 1

Looks good but how are you going to stop the damp coming through? DPM under or over the Ply? I was just thinking having the ply floating either on timber joists or pallets could get some air underneath🤔
Also dog tie down screws are good as tie downs!

Simple as possible,  DPM sheeting and I'll probably paint the underside of the ply with PVA.

The start of this Landy project will be very dirty with chassis cleaning so I'm thinking I want to be able to jet wash the floor once the really dirty stuff is done. So I'll probably leave a gap round the edges for water to drain off into until that stage is past and then look to do something edge to edge. All supposed to be temporary though. 

Pallets are a good idea though. I'll give that some thought. They'd really need to cover the whole floor so I can used trolley jacks.

Cheers,

Al.