Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

SurlySurdi

How long have you had yours

Sitting idle trying to find the inspiration to write more code but I'm not feeling it today....so....just wondering how long each of us have had their current IB or what's the longest any of us has owned a particular IB?

I'll start - I've had mine 21 years

Almost 11 years for me. I'm the ninth owner. The owner that had the car longest was the Pineapple Clothing Company at 11.5 years. In third place in terms of length of ownership is one of the former directors of the Pineapple Clothing Co at 10 years. I believe it was her company car and she took ownership when she retired. All other owners had the car for far shorter periods.

15 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

Almost 11 years for me. 

Mine has been in bits longer than that! 😁

10 years - bought it off a man that fixes the lady royals private bits, lived opposite Cilla Black (surprise surprise)

• Like 1

Current one 13 years Previous one almost 12 years, 2 month gap between the two during which   nearly bought a yellow 968CS ..did the deal and the prat wrote it off having a last drive 😬 2 days before I was due to collect it.

10 years in August for me. Previous owner was 5 years, and previous to that was 10 years.

Think I’ll have a it while yet, although I do wonder about trying some other cars too. I’ll see how I’m feeling about it when it’s back on the road. 

14 for me, got into the game late following Beetle and Type 3 notchback (would love that back).

A few days over 21 years.  Need to drive it more.

• Like 1

Scarily, seven years already.  

21 years 7 months, the months added because two of you have said 21 years....  can’t imagine ever selling it as it’s a buzz every time I drive it and that hasn’t diminished.  

• Like 1

14 years and around 35k miles. It’s yet to make an appearance in 2030, which is rubbish on my part. 

David 

7 minutes ago, flatsix777 said:

14 years and around 35k miles. It’s yet to make an appearance in 2030, which is rubbish on my part. 

David 

How do you know?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

17 years, not sure how many months....

Had 43k miles on when I got her, just over 79k now.

Edited by Chris_911

bought on 25/10/97.twenty two years plus, but still brings that smile.

• Like 1

13 years now, 5 of them on the road. Must of added 4000 miles. Need to drive it more no it's back on the road.

Mine since the 25th January 2003, so 17 years and a bit!

Posted (edited)

8 years! Longest I have ever owned a car!

Edited by Wingnonut

I managed 9 years and 52 weeks :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

21 years 7 months, 

21 years and 8 months (Oct 98)   :smartass:

2 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

can’t imagine ever selling it as it’s a buzz every time I drive it and that hasn’t diminished.  

+1

1 minute ago, topcarrera said:

an’t imagine ever selling it as it’s a buzz every time I drive it and that hasn’t diminished.  

+1

Just drove mine back home from Norwich, around 2 hours of driving bliss.................and yes it still tickles my fancy bits!

Flipping eck boys. You're old school! Had Scarlett 3 years and 8 months now. Nov 2016. Slippery slope! Daisy is coming up to 1 year at the end of June :) 

Day of collection here with the other love of my life. We stopped at a cafe. Bloke came in and announced, "who owns that red Porsche"? I thought "oh Sh1t!". Bumped already lol. Freezing cold, had to drive home with a cushion behind me as the recline adjust was knackered! 

83875482_10221506781126696_1507327190667100160_n.jpg

Just over 18 years for me,   Bought it from Paul Stephens before he got so very fancy,  

I saw him at Classic Lemans 2 years ago and I asked him if he remembered the Strosek bumpered car and he told me the Reg. No. instantly,  I was impressed.

Its been a very good car.

Hi Boys..i got mine back in June 1997 for $9K...with around 300k on the car and engine ..today around 495KJ plus miles.still ticking;-) so it is 23 for me..

black and red.jpg

• Like 1

Ivan, nearly 500k, that's amazing, so cool 😎

Had my 930 since 2009

Bought sight unseen, picked it up from a service/post purchase check over and drove it with the family on board over the Alps and back to Italy

• Like 1