New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

Phill

Bring a Car Run - 26th July

With everyone chomping at the bit to have a run out and a socially distant chat I proposed, in the Solstice Run thread, a date of 26th July.

Some people have stated elsewhere that they may not be in their IB (if they even have one anymore) hence the title. The great thing about non Porsche orientated car meets is the variety of interest, a chance to see different stuff. So 924s, Saab's, Mercedes, Aston Martins...........

I suggest then route be based on the Solstice Run route but I don't see a need to start at Greenwich, Clackett Lane would be sufficient. I will have a look at a map to see if we can vary it a bit but I am no Richard Bernau! Any suggestions for roads we should include will be gratefully considered.

8am start?

Yup I'm in

• Thanks 1

Thanks for organising, I’m in, but man 8.00am is EARLY!!!

6 minutes ago, GoldenLane said:

Thanks for organising, I’m in, but man 8.00am is EARLY!!!

We need to get going before the tourists and days trippers get out of bed ;)

I will be heading down the M11 to the M25 and across the bridge (where I will forget to pay and get fined no doubt) to Clackett Lane. 

I can meet anyone heading along the same route. 0600 Duxford M11 junction BP petrol station and 0630 Bishops Stortford M11 motorway services. 

PM me with mobile number if you want to join the convoy to the convoy. 

I'm in Phil. Be the 968 or the Cayman as the parts bin Porsche has had mission creep. I'll update the thread soon. 

1 hour ago, carreracat said:

I will be heading down the M11 to the M25 and across the bridge (where I will forget to pay and get fined no doubt) to Clackett Lane. 

I can meet anyone heading along the same route. 0600 Duxford M11 junction BP petrol station and 0630 Bishops Stortford M11 motorway services. 

PM me with mobile number if you want to join the convoy to the convoy. 

What time approximately do you think you'll hit the M25, I'm in North London so can hopefully join you on route

Could be up for this chaps., will confirm nearer the time 

34 minutes ago, Beaky said:

What time approximately do you think you'll hit the M25, I'm in North London so can hopefully join you on route

0645 I would think.  

4 minutes ago, carreracat said:

0645 I would think.  

OK I'll be on the M25 naear the M11 junction about at that time, 

Cant do this boo .. 

1 hour ago, longman said:

Cant do this boo .. 

Me neither - double boo

7 hours ago, Mondrian said:

Me neither - triple boo

@carreracat in 928 S2?

Its Christening outing?

I'm up for this so long as @goldenlane doesn't navigate. 😁

Haha you loved it!!
Funnily enough am leading a merry band of two-wheeled petrol-heads on the same route this weekend 🙂

Have two takers for this please, myself in 3.2 Carrera and 3.2 Super Sport both '88. Meeting at Clacket Lane on M25.

Looking like I might be able to get the SC on the road after all. Will be her first big drive of the year, I’m ashamed/excited to say. 

8.00am though.... 

Edited by GoldenLane
  • Like 1