3.2 injector help

Fuchs915

6 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

injectorcleaning.co.uk

In my picture I have repainted them myself in satin black. 

One point - although it was not a long time between having them cleaned and tested and refitting them back in the car, I found I had a no-start issue. Chasing this through I found it was due to a bad injector. I bought a new (not Bosch) set from the States and the car fired up straight away.

So I am not quite sure what happened between injectorcleaning doing their thing, pronouncing them all good and my no-start. The advice is not to have injectors cleaned and then sat on the shelf for a long period - but this I did not do.

Probably just bad luck.

This set is sat in a drawer in my garage.

Thanks Chris, all good to know for a newbie.  If they're performing OK, which I believe they are, maybe I'll leave and stick some Liquid moly injector cleaner in my next full tank.

• 4 months later...
On 14/12/2021 at 08:43, Chris_911 said:

injectorcleaning.co.uk

In my picture I have repainted them myself in satin black. 

One point - although it was not a long time between having them cleaned and tested and refitting them back in the car, I found I had a no-start issue. Chasing this through I found it was due to a bad injector. I bought a new (not Bosch) set from the States and the car fired up straight away.

So I am not quite sure what happened between injectorcleaning doing their thing, pronouncing them all good and my no-start. The advice is not to have injectors cleaned and then sat on the shelf for a long period - but this I did not do.

Probably just bad luck.

This set is sat in a drawer in my garage.

Hi Chris,

Which injectors did you buy from the States? Are they still good? I'm thinking of a set of Lucas.

Thanks

30 minutes ago, dickster said:

Hi Chris,

Which injectors did you buy from the States? Are they still good? I'm thinking of a set of Lucas.

Thanks

These:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373696067437?hash=item570205776d:g:7JIAAOSwrchg3hKv

Following fitment I had a session with Wayne at Chip Wizards. He did say the characteristics of the injectors were slightly different from the factor Bosch, but not significantly so. I think the peak flow is marginally higher and the dwell times are different.

I have had no issues since I fitted them.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Chris, apologies for the late reply. My car ended up with NJS in West Kingsdown. They stripped the whole fuel system down. New pump, filter, replaced the MAF unit, refurbed injectors, replaced the intake manifold gaskets. Runs better than ever now.