Powder Coating

Silver911SC

Hi all

Hoping you can help, although technically not an IB question. I got offered a car I couldn’t refuse (a rhd 72 with a 2.4 spec’d up to 2.9 with a lot of rsr parts). The engine had about £20k worth of work by Bob Watson and it still seems strong, however the engine needs some tlc, and one of the jobs is the tinware, which looks rough.

Would anyone have recommendations on the best place to send off tinware to be Power Coated. Ideally good quality at a sensible price and a relatively fast turnaround?

153A7D83-7CC1-42A0-AD68-0D738298BDBC.jpeg

Edited by Silver911SC

9 minutes ago, Silver911SC said:

Hi all

Hoping you can help, although technically not an IB question. I got offered a car I couldn’t refuse (a rhd 72 with a 2.4 spec’d up to 2.9 with a lot of rsr parts). The engine had about £20k worth of work by Bob Watson and it still seems strong, however the engine needs some tlc, and one of the jobs is the tinware, which looks rough.

Would anyone have recommendations on the best place to send off tinware to be Power Coated. Ideally good quality at a sensible price and a relatively fast turnaround?

153A7D83-7CC1-42A0-AD68-0D738298BDBC.jpeg

I guess you need to understand the condition of the tinware before deciding about surface treatments. Pointless painting foil.

Do you have metal workers or fabricators local to you - most have proven contacts for wet paint or powder coating.