928 S2

carreracat

3 hours ago, Phill said:

Great car. You now need a chest hair rug, gold medallion and a Magnum moustache........

That was Magnum 308, 928 had a pinstripe suit feel to it (with mandatory 80's chunky mobile).

Although......the 928 should be demonised somewhat as it was supposed to be the replacement for the 911. Thankfully the SC saved the day, huzzah!

Fantastic motor - great buy at what looks to be a very decent price.  It looks superb in Guards Red and buying an original and honest car with some imperfections through use is the sweet spot for me. Absolutely no reason not to use it.

David 

Thanks for the positive comments, I had a pang of buyers remorse the following day but I'm confident I've bought at the right condition and price for me.

One advantage of getting old - the insurance premium is £96.60!

41 minutes ago, carreracat said:

Thanks for the positive comments, I had a pang of buyers remorse the following day but I'm confident I've bought at the right condition and price for me.

One advantage of getting old - the insurance premium is £96.60!

How old is old? £96.60 is almost like free insurance

It seems a great buy; you have relatively little at risk and it looks just right. Much as I like aircooled Porsches, an auto V8 is a lovely thing. Life is short so all to gain and little to lose. Use it as your daily driver. 

David

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

How old is old? £96.60 is almost like free insurance

I’m 43 next week so not that old, but there was drop off in premium once I got to 40. 
That’s with an annual mileage limit of 3,000 miles though. 

1 hour ago, flatsix777 said:

It seems a great buy; you have relatively little at risk and it looks just right. Much as I like aircooled Porsches, an auto V8 is a lovely thing. Life is short so all to gain and little to lose. Use it as your daily driver. 

David

I plan on driving it as much as possible. It’s low owner but not low mileage so I’m not worried about value impact. 
And it’s probably more economical than my current petrol discovery daily!